Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

AerevyrAerevyr Level 1
edited July 15 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.

Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.

VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)

I have :

• - Restarted the Phone
  • - Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
  • - Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
  • - Factory Reset the phone
  • - Installed Alternate launchers
  • - Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)

Comments

• I too are having this same issue on my rog3. Once I updated to Android 12. Can't make or receive call.

• dgwdgw Level 1

T-Mobile US with US variant ROG Phone 3, same problem. No VoLTE support on Android 12.

Outbound calls seem to work via fallback to 3G/H+ if that signal is available, but those days are numbered. We're already past the shutdown date T-Mobile announced for 3G service (July 1).

• havent tried VoLTE, but seems like VoLTE support has suffered for some.

• Came here to confirm that I am suffering from similar issues.

• HienaHiena Level 1

Hey guys, after the update, my rgb stop working. =/

Any solution for this?

• Called my provider AT&T and they confirm on their end all is ok. by providing my SIM number they tried to reset my ROG3 from their system. still cant call out or receive. Everything else on the ROG3 works. The last thing I will try tonight is the Downgrade from 12 to 11 firmware i see on Asus product support posted on their Driver & utility section. You will need to back up everything since it will do reset and all data will be lost.

• DragonmomDragonmom Level 1

ASUS would have been better off leaving us with A11 at least I could make and receive calls on A11. When I called Asus support yesterday they said they don't know why this is happening. I suggested the go look at their zen talk page as apparently the phone users know what happened but their service department doesn't. They need to get this fixed.

• AMANVermaAMANVerma Level 2

Bro ... MODS don't give a damn... They all are sleeping ... Downgrade to A11 and for 2-3-4 more months to upgrade untill they release some more updates

• Same issue, still not getting solved. Did anyone have solution for this? Or we have to wait until next update?

• I'm having the same problem I hope for a hotfix.

• marksbrasmarksbras Level 1

Same issue with T-Mobile USA, only "connects" to 3G or EDGE. Tried rolling back to Android 11 without success

• brlaasbrlaas Level 1

Tossing my hat in the ring. Woke up this morning and my phone had updated I get only EDGE or No Connection where I would normally have 5G on T-Mobile USA.

• i am having same issue but also my wifi doesnt work anymore either

• I got the same issue No call only mobile Data, messages working after A12 update., I downgraded to A11, system update will start immediately just pause and ignore the notifications.

I spent lot money on my phone and I cant even go for other phones right now after using this. I will wait till Asus fix this issue.

• Throwing myself into the discussion as well. I talked to customer support and they want me to send my phone in, pay a $85 non-refundable "diagnostic fee" and then pay them for whatever "repairs" they're going to do. I don't know what switches are being pulled but please don't submit to this crap everyone, they should have known what this update could do and they should have warned their customers who payed $800+ on a damn phone.

• Also, does anyone know what happened to the downloads section for the ROG3 in order to downgrade to Android 11? Every other phone has their download section but I can't locate ours anymore. Are they really going to brick our phone and not offer a solution?

• javcarbejavcarbe Level 2

At&t and with the same issue, i know TMobile same with the new update, is usa is any problem with another provider

• javcarbejavcarbe Level 2

Hope you can find the solution, what I did i install youmail and if i miss a call they left a message to my email

• Same problem here. Very disappointed.

Asus way advertising new ROG phone 6.