Asus rog 5 not updating tried almost all versions none worked

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.196
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello i dont know how to start this topic but i am on 18.0840.2111.196 and ive ben trying to upgrade my firmware so much bugs already its rly sad to pay that much for a phone and have such bad support !!

its my first and last phone i ever buy from asus

i tried as they said the manual update i downlaod the zip file u place it in the root i restart and i get the message that a update was detected i press on update is says update fail

i tried to update to the last version of Android 11 which is 18.0840.2201.226 then to update to android 12 nothing worked i almost tried every update none of them work

Comments

• FunBike31FunBike31 Level 4

Updates are incremental, follow the shift order and you'll be fine. in your case, the .200

For Android 12, the same, you must be at least .226

• MadozzMadozz Level 1

i have the tencent version

are u saying i need to upgrade to

WW-18.0840.2111.200

then

WW-18.0840.2112.210

then

WW-18.0840.2201.226

and so on ? untill i reach the latest update ?

• @Madozz Please bear in mind that the Tencent version of ROG Phone 5 running global firmware is not a supported configuration, hence the lack of automatic firmware updates (among other tings). If you run into any issues with your device, please contact your reseller, as this is not a configuration that we sell.