Zenfone 6 updates EU vs WW firmware

DZ1DZ1 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
Hello,
I had a question about how the Zenfone 6's firmware's will be updated, i know from past experiences that Asus favors some versions of the device more than others.....
Will the EU firmware be released at the same time as WW comes out? would appreciate it if someone could shed some knowledge about this.
Also, is there any way to swap firmwares between EU and WW model?
ZS630KL_EU_16.1210.1904.133  vs   ZS630KL_ WW_16.1210.1904.133

Comments

  • YachendraYachendra Level 3
    edited June 2019
    As per my knowledge EU refers for Europe and WW refers to WorldWide. Asus used to release updates to the different  countries with  respective SKU.
    EU firmware supports for the device which sold in Europe. and if Asus is not releasing SKU(Like IN-India, JP-Japan, TW-Taiwan, etc) for particular country their device will be with updated with WW SKU.
    If your SKU is EU and if you try to update with WW SKU it will get update error while in process.
    If I'm wrong, correct me.
    You can refer below links.



  • DZ1 said:
    "Will the EU firmware be released at the same time as WW comes out?"
    ZS630KL_EU_16.1210.1904.133  vs   ZS630KL_ WW_16.1210.1904.133

    Yes, for Zenfone 6 we use WW firmware for most countries. JP/IN firmware may differ
  • DZ1DZ1 Level 1
    edited June 2019
    Even ones sold inside the EU?
  • DZ1 said:
    Even ones sold inside the EU?
    Yes, they have released with SKU EU for Europe and RU for Russia and WW for devices sold in other countries.
    Check in below release notes.
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-6-(zs630kl)

  • DZ1DZ1 Level 1
    Yachendra said:
    DZ1 said:
    Even ones sold inside the EU?
    Yes, they have released with SKU EU for Europe and RU for Russia and WW for devices sold in other countries.
    Check in below release notes.
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-6-(zs630kl)

    Yep, i know.
    Thats why i am worried that if i buy one in EU, it will end up having EU firmware, that will be updated less than WW....at least thats what Asus makes me think judging by how they updated their phones in the past, only WW version was kept up to date regularly, that's a shame.
  • YachendraYachendra Level 3
    edited June 2019
    DZ1 said:
    Yachendra said:
    DZ1 said:
    Even ones sold inside the EU?
    Yes, they have released with SKU EU for Europe and RU for Russia and WW for devices sold in other countries.
    Check in below release notes.
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-6-(zs630kl)

    Yep, i know.
    Thats why i am worried that if i buy one in EU, it will end up having EU firmware, that will be updated less than WW....at least thats what Asus makes me think judging by how they updated their phones in the past, only WW version was kept up to date regularly, that's a shame.
    No need to worry. I think WW SKU can be installed even if you receive regularly in EU SKU(Not sure of it).
    It no more or less in firmware(Software or Hardware features will differ for devices released in different countries). If I'm not wrong, that's the reason Asus will be released firmware for respective countries with respective SKU based on both specs. There will be no partiality but firmwares will be released soon or late based on the testing.
  • May update patch?
  • May update patch?
    Next FW is only a couple of weeks away. 
  • I live in France but my firmware is WW. Should I install the EU firmware?
  • ColorSageColorSage Level 3
    edited August 2019
    I've bought my phone on Asus eShop, I live in Poland and I've received WW SKU.
  • All EU purchased ZenFone 6 are WW sku
This discussion has been closed.