This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck on TWRP for ROG 2?

And3k5
Star I
I am seriously considering trying to install TWRP.
Does anyone have success doing this?
I have huge problems with the GPS signal cuts out randomly resulting in various wrong locations on Google Maps while navigating, which could seem like a common issue on ROG 2.
And to be honest.. yes the ROG 2 is not new anymore, but I'm don't have the economy to buy a new phone every 6th month.
3 REPLIES 3

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
Are you on Android 11? If so, maybe you can try to downgrade to Android 10, if you think it’s a software problem. I don’t recommend you to install a custom rom, because you’ll lose couple of features your phone has.
Btw, Rog Phone 2 still goes strong and can be used at least 2 more years if you don’t face a hardware problem.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
And3k5

I am seriously considering trying to install TWRP.

Does anyone have success doing this?

I have huge problems with the GPS signal cuts out randomly resulting in various wrong locations on Google Maps while navigating, which could seem like a common issue on ROG 2.

And to be honest.. yes the ROG 2 is not new anymore, but I'm don't have the economy to buy a new phone every 6th month.

Any luck on TWRP for ROG 2?
I have installed roots acces and twrp both in R2 no problem doing that even I do it on regular bases trying custom rom a12

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.