Wifi again stopped working 1.5 half months after motherboard replacement due to the same issue.

krnapjkrnapj Level 2
edited January 14 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:rog 5
  2. Firmware Version:latest version
  3. Rooted or not:non
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

It took 2 months the first time to replace the motherboard and now after 1.5 months of using it again I am facing the same issue.i feel like breaking this phone now , I was soo stupid to go for asus.

Comments

• Share the conditions of use a little, it is less and less likely that a new bad series of motherboard is the cause, the number of new Wifi / hotspot failure after replacing the motherboard is no longer a case isolated and still in India.

Are you in an area where it is currently around 20 ° or towards Bombay with 30 °, do you use a cooler ?, which one, were you playing or just after, and ....

• Hi krnapj,

What was your software version post repair? Also once you received the phone did you receive any software update? How did the issue started happening?

• Yes , after recieving the phone i have updated it. I always update it to the latest version as soon as the update is available.

I was playing bgmi and suddenly it said server error reconnect and i pulled down the notification tab and it wasn't connected to wifi , I checked on my iPad if the wifi was working and the wifi was. So , i tried turning on the wifi but it wasn't turning on , so I tried to turn on the hotspot and that also didn't turn on .so from my past experience I know now it won't work

P.s. : I always play with aero active cooler and I am in the north where temp. Is 7 degree celcius these days .

• Hi  krnapj,

Have replied to you under PM.

This discussion has been closed.