venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Its been many months since you guys told android 11 for ROG 2 is under evaluation. is it still under evaluation or you guys are planning to keep saying the same "under evaluation" status till the end of support for ROG 2?

29 REPLIES 29

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
venkatarahul98

1. Model Name: Asus Rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Its been many months since you guys told android 11 for ROG 2 is under evaluation. is it still under evaluation or you guys are planning to keep saying the same "under evaluation" status till the end of support for ROG 2?

Android 11 update for ROG PHONE 2.
These are same lines said for every other flagship from ASUS who's support is going to end or already ended...!
It is indirect way of clearly saying No..!
I have seen this since 2016 with every other Zenfone.
But here i really think this is high time and ASUS should really take every smartphone and markets seriously and push themselves to possibly make it happen if they wanna go head to head with every other competitor's out there.
Thanks!

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey,
For now, there is no recent update about Android 11. If there is any I will update here.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
venkatarahul98

1. Model Name: Asus Rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Android 11 update for ROG PHONE 2.
I hate to break it to you but have you been in the rog5 and zenphone 8 forums? The phones are literally killing the wifichip and seemingly the storage chip respectively. They have major things to solve before even thinking about the Rog2 right now.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52487/android-11-update-for-rog-phone-2

I hate to break it to you but have you been in the rog5 and zenphone 8 forums? The phones are literally killing the wifichip and seemingly the storage chip respectively. They have major things to solve before even thinking about the Rog2 right now.

View post
Why should one worry about that? So you have to look out for company's entire portfolio just to hope that your product gets support? This is not how it works.
You buy something, you care and worry about only that thing, its company's job to prioritise and allocate resources in such way one product doesn't affect the other.
Did apple stop supporting other devices during bend gate? Did samsung went cold on other phones when Note 9 started exploding? That's not how business work, and sadly if asus is working that way, then its terrible for business continuity.