No audio from the ear speaker

javcarbejavcarbe Level 1
edited August 6 in ROG Phone 3

No audio from ear speaker, how can I test to make sure if is broken or firmware issue? International rog phone 512gb ram USA

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: no rooted only unlock bootloader
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• AmitGardeAmitGarde Level 5

Open calculator > press > .12345+= > single test > Now check for test of your desire and see if it pass or fails.

This may confirm you weather its hardware or software issue.

Thanks!

• javcarbejavcarbe Level 1

Doesn't pass the test

• Hi javcarbe

Thank you for your asking. Have you dropped the device recently?

If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

*Please backup before you submit the device to the repair center

Nothing close, now I notice not charging from the bottom usb type port only the side? I can't understand a very expensive phone is to weak , my phone since first day with tempered glass and case protection.

Why offer warranty if I have to sent the phone be with no phone this is a horrible customer service, also I'm using att and i don't see the 5g icon only see 4g+

Proof of USA version

• Hi javcarbe

Thank you for your reply. If your device is purchased via local ASUS authorized channel, we will provide related repair service for the model. However, the repair fee will depend on your warranty.

1. Please check with USA online customer service for further repair guiding.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

2. Or, please check your inbox and PM me your device information and personal information for further repair guiding.

Cheers.

I sent you a pm

i did factory reset now Wi-Fi is not detected Im using my old pixel 5

• Hi javcarbe

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. As you previous mentioned your speaker issue and your device is still under warranty, please contact CallUs for further repair guiding. Thank you.

I called +1 888-678-3688 no one answer me , I live in USA but speak Spanish

Sent the phone in June 10 got the phone service department on the 14 today is the 10 days and they didn't contact me maybe I lost it?

• Just pointing out it can take over a month until you have it back sometimes. It has to be sent back to taiwan, get diagnosed, then sent back to the US. Due to covid and other things I wouldn't expect to hear anything before around middle july honestly, I would still keep asking about the status so you know roughly whats going on, but don't panic just yet.

edited June 29

Thank you for your words, but customer service don't care about us. No emails or any contact about my status. Keep waiting with not cellphone paying for a service, customer service should send a temporarily cellphone to use that is my point. Years ago I sent a phone to Samsung no more that 1 week I got a new phone with me, Samsung pay for the shipping and everything (that is customer service)

RMA Number = USPCM61561

Finally I got the phone yesterday,

Replaced motherboard and screen

This discussion has been closed.