FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

Comments

• edited May 12

Hi both,

Please try below link

The files here are fine. I will check on the previous version.

Thank you.

• DiskunDiskun Level 1

If possible, I'd like to have the factory BIOS/firmware files that came with the computer. Maybe rolling back to those the issue would be fixed.

Thanks and best regards.

• Hello Diskun,

So far we have discovered that this issue came by updating BIOS through Windows update, while updating BIOS by the file from our website is actually fine.

and the this issue can not be solved by downgrading BIOS or going back to the initial version.

We are working on the solution and also pushing for the solution that we can fix it without asking you to send the laptop to our service center.

Please kindly give us some time. Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

• DiskunDiskun Level 1

Thank you for your support Blake,

As long as it gets fixed, we'll be happy.

We are looking forward for the solution.

Best regards.

• s1m6233s1m6233 Level 1

hello I also have the same problem did everything that was written but neither the change in the aura nor the brightness of the backlight. Do not change(((

• AZTAZT Level 1
    edited May 15

Finally i found someone with the same problem!! Fn + arow keys stopped working in my FA506QR and i don't know which exact update caused the problem. Is there at least a shortcut for the Lighting section in armoury crate? It gets annoying to go through such a long path every time i want to change the keyboard brightness

• XscaperXscaper Level 1

Hello, i have the same issue after updating BIOS using "ASUS_FA506QM_305_BIOS_Update.exe" 🙁 FN + arrow UP/DOWN not working.

and

Also i do not know if this is relevant but i think that my serial number in BIOS and MyAsus app changed to "SSN12345678901234567" from the one it should be.

• DiskunDiskun Level 1
    edited May 16

Hi Xscaper, I too have the same bad serial number after the update on the 506QR. Seems like a really really bad quality control on such an important update as a BIOS revision, that has the potential to brick your laptop. Fortunately this one "just" broke the keyboard brightness.

Let's hope they find a fix soon.

p.s.You can still see the correct SN by going to My Asus / User Center / Extended Warranty, but only if it was registered before I think.

• Hi @s1m6233 @AZT @Xscaper ,

Please share your SN in the PM I send you

Thank you so much.

• Hello, is there any news related to the problem?

• Hi there,

Which model do you have? and which issue did you encountered? SN or the backlight issue ?

Thank you.

• Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

fn+arrow key didn't work, please help me ! i try everything !

• edited May 27

Hi there,

Sorry that I missed that you are the first one to post this question.

I have been waiting for you to share the SN in the PM.

Please share the SN from the sticker at the bottom of your laptop.

Thank you.

• Hi there,

Please share your product SN in the PM I send you.

Thank you.

• yves.vdsyves.vds Level 1
    edited May 27

Hi guys,

I am happy to have found this thread. I have an FA506QM (R7 5800H with RTX 3060).

I did all the Windows 10 updates, including two BIOS updates (via Windows Update).

Prior to the BIOS updates, I could use the function button to switch on/off the keyboard lighting. But afterwards, this does not work anymore.

Also my serial number in the BIOS now is SSN12345678901234567.

Hope that ASUS comes with a fix for this ASAP.

Thanks,

Yves

• So I suppose no one has the backed up 304 driver?

• Hi @yves.vds & @puiholam2-c ,

Please share your product SN in the PM I send you.

Please check the sticker at the bottom of your laptop for the correct SN.

If you would like to send the device to service center, please let me know.

The solution for service center is ready.

Thank you.

• yves.vdsyves.vds Level 1

Hi Blake,

I have sent you the SN by PM.

What would be the turnaround (in number of days) if I decide to send it to the service center?

Thanks for your help!