This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue screen, now dead, what about warranty?

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: WW-18.0610.2103.137 (think it is this one)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So yesterday I was on my phone, until the phone suddenly went blue, then shut down. I tried to start it again, but couldn't get passed the SIM-lock screen. Over the course of the day I started researching it and found out other people have the problem as well. My phone still boots up sometimes when I try to fastboot it, but usually there is no response or it becomes stuck in the bootloop.
the biggest part I am worried about is that there are no service centers in my area and also my warranty is expired. Does anyone know if I should order another phone or if ASUS is going to pay for a new motherboard (since that is probably the problem)? since it is probably a software fault.
TL;DR 1) Phone is pretty much dead, what do I do? 2) What to do when there is no service center around?
1 REPLY 1

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
idriss.eurlings

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: WW-18.0610.2103.137 (think it is this one)
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So yesterday I was on my phone, until the phone suddenly went blue, then shut down. I tried to start it again, but couldn't get passed the SIM-lock screen. Over the course of the day I started researching it and found out other people have the problem as well. My phone still boots up sometimes when I try to fastboot it, but usually there is no response or it becomes stuck in the bootloop.

the biggest part I am worried about is that there are no service centers in my area and also my warranty is expired. Does anyone know if I should order another phone or if ASUS is going to pay for a new motherboard (since that is probably the problem)? since it is probably a software fault.

TL;DR 1) Phone is pretty much dead, what do I do? 2) What to do when there is no service center around?

blue screen, now dead, what about warranty?
You can call global helpline and ask them if anything is possible 👇👇

Call Us | Official Support | ASUS Global
Also this problem you described is not because of software but it is hardware as you said just a faulty motherboard problem so for confirmation if its covered via Asus with no cost or not just have a discussion on call with them.they will definetly guide you.
Thanks!