Rog 3 Black Crush Vs Rog 5 Cheap Hardware

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: .133
  3. Rooted or not: Yes
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Staying with ROG 3

https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk

Whats your thoughts on this?

Comments

• ROG 5 Durability Test Fail

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5
    edited March 17

Not really cheap hardware more like an flaw in the design

If you say it like that apple's iPad broke in half too in bend test

The phone has an different design and aspect ratio this year (taller) in the video it broke at the middle from the antenna band placement that place could've used a little more frame

But coming to this design in actual everyday usage you should be fine to actually break it like that you'd need to apple a very large force at the middle of the display (as you can see it's weaker around the antenna bands as it broke from there)

Slap a case on it for extra protection and you're good to go

As an conclusion I'd say that normal drops shouldn't break it like that

Jerry's bend test reviews aren't that practical in real life for most people I mean it depends on you

But just my opinion on the matter :)

• May be you are right, who try like this unless untill u r a famous YouTuber!

• Wrong, they are quite relevant. It will break if you accidently sit on it, have it in your tight jeans, have it in a full bag and so on. It's not about dropping it but applying pressure from everyday normal use. Also cases won't protect it due to the design having to expose to back.

But isn't the primary cause for phone breaks is due to physical drops

Jerry's bend tests are kinda unrealistic in real life,I don't think it'll break in some of the cases you've mentioned above like in the pocket 🤔 like the iPhone 6 was a thin phone this one has an bigger frame you'd need much more pressure at the middle to break it like that

Just my thoughts

edited March 17

Most people do baby their phones so the probability of sitting on it or something should be one of the very rare instances, a design flaw for the rog 5 indeed but how much impact it'll have in the real usage we'll see in this forum after more people buy the phone

• Every user has there diffrent usage patterns no one will be such harsh on phones.its delibrate durability test. Why will anyone try this after buying it for 1000$?? So basically Its 1/100 instances where unknowingly harsh things can happen so it totally depends how well device is maintened & cared at that time. Also drop test really cant be judged. Even with drop tests only 1 degree is enough to crash the screens. So it will be as similar as other phones.

Nothing to worry!

Happy gaming.

• It snapped clean where the antenna is, most phones do and having a split battery would weaken the overall strength of the body because there isn't one large mass running down the centre

• So yeah definitely a design flaw, not weakness in the chassis

• Not at all. Looking at pixel phones and the Iphone 6, the bending causes the phones screen to crack, PCB's to bend which breaks solderjoints from comopnents causing all sorts of problems.

• MrBlackCrushMrBlackCrush Level 2
    edited March 18

Usually I don't mind of bend test fails but in this case the phone broke after a minimum force, I've never seen jerry bending a phone so easily.

Compare jerry video with oneplus nord one, he bends it the same way but with a lot more strenght.

All top phones with 2 batteries don't fail bend test, so don't blame this.

Rog 5 was launched really too early and this make me think this is not the only mistake they did with it...

• // Closing this thread as it's posted in the wrong forum section and a similar thread already exists in the ROG Phone 5 section.

This discussion has been closed.