Battery analysis of ROG Phone 3
- Model Name: ROG Phone 3
- Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
- Rooted or not: No
Hi ROG Phone 3 users, I am seeing a lot of posts here which say that slow charging in ROG Phone 3 is not working or that scheduled charging is not working etc.
I have been using this phone for about 3 weeks now, and I have collected some data while charging (using an app called Battery Log: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.hwangti.batterylog) with these features toggled. Below I am attaching a consolidated graph:
- When the slow charging is turned off, the phone charges way faster than when it is turned on.
- When the charging limit is set to 80%, the phone stops charging at 80±1%
- When scheduled charging is turned on, the phone stops charging at around 80% and then starts again before the wake time (seems like both scheduled charging and charging limit use same internal mechanisms)
- The charging pattern after 80% is same, whether slow charging is on or off.
- Temperature wasn't that big of an issue in all three cases, it dropped fairly quickly once i stopped using the phone, it was highest in fast charging mode.
Some bug-fixes I did:
- The scheduled charging functionality wasn't working initially, as the time kept changing randomly. I cleared the cache and data of mobile manager and power master apps and restarted the phone to solve that issue.
Some other problems:
- The phone still shows "hyper-charging" icon and animation, even if the slow charging function is enabled. That should be looked into. This leads the user to believe that slow charging is not working as expected.
- Since the latest update, the charging has been a bit slower. The estimate now crosses 2 hr 10 mins mark at 10% when previously it reached a max of 1 hr 50 mins.