ShubiShubi Level 1
edited January 10 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• MVMV Level 3
    edited October 2020

When did or when will?? If it's will, no-one knows as of now and there is no news around it.

• We not plan for upgrade this phone for Android 11 until Q3 2021.

• But sir its already q4 2020 running

• Hi,

Android 11 will be announced as and when ready or as per the plan.

Currently you can check Release notes for any updated info.

• The ROG 3 was only released in July 2020 running OS 10 so gee guys patients yeah??

• Seriously? Some guys demand the skies for their expectations. If fast OS updates is your concern, get Google Pixel phones.

• Lol are you serious @xihe? Some people expect their device to be updated, is that a lot to ask? ASUS is running Android as the OS, YES I expect them to update it fast. Google provides them everything they need as an OEM, they should provide updates faster. Don't let OEM's decide the update schedule, or we will be stuck on Android 10 until they release a new phone. I find it harder to believe the end user has to push a company for updates and features to a $1600AU phone. That is worse.

• As of now only Google is on Android 11. Oneplus and some Oppo flagship is also on Android 11. The rest of the manufacturers including Samsung are still in beta testing for android 11. Asus is not known for fast OS updates (previous ZenFone and ROG series). Android 10 final was just rolled out for ROG phone 2 this march 2020. :)

• I would also want instant OS security updates , top of the line specs, water-cooling components, big battery, big screen, 100w charging, quick bug fixes, 2 years warranty, etc etc!! Is this ROG Phone 3 the all in one phone I want? No. Why did I buy it then? Because I can compromise with it.

• You will get this with most manufacturers. If you want fast updates, get a pixel.

Do you understand the work which needs to be done to push the updates to you. They need to test it to ensure their customizations don't break it. Samsung is notoriously slow with their updates too, that's because they need to make sure the update is compatible with their OneUI customization, and most likely they need to change the OEM version with code changes which takes time. I expect this to be the case with ASUS as well.

I'd rather ASUS fix the black crush issues and keep up with the security updates than to upgrade to Android 11.

• yeah i hope android 10 the will be latest os on rog 3 too.

• AVSAVS Level 1

Yeah fixing the black crash issue is best option right now than getting android 11, we can wait till Jan/Feb for android 11, but not for black crash issue.

• Beta program is not yet started for the new flagship phone. I don't know what Asus is planning. It will take minimum 2 to 3 months for getting stable build if they started beta right now. They should have started the beta program. Its already late

• momentkampretozmomentkampretoz Level 1
    edited November 2020

android 11 but black crush not lost, better android 10 but no black crush

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5
    edited November 2020

Rog 3 beta program should start soon imo

Zenfone 6 should get A11 stable this month

Zenfone 7 in December

Rog 3 should get a beta program registration in December

So 1-2 months of beta testing

Expect stable by Feb or March

*That's just my speculation tho

Also beta program length varies on the amount and type of bugs the software team finds and the time taken to fix it

• If that happens that is good. They should not delay the beta programme due to black crush or other fixes

• grafikbunkerdegrafikbunkerde Level 1
    edited December 2020

Would be nice to get fixes for the OS right now as to grab for the Stars. Tere is a "Fan Made" OS for Asus rog3 with much optimised Kernel and Kernel functions with newst android10 patches. So Hardcore Fans are faster as Asus Dev Team. Kirisakura 1.5.0

This discussion has been closed.