zelric
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZE620KL
Firmware Version: ww_16.0615.2006.131
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: ever since last update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any with sound
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Ever since this lastest update was forced out to phones, my headphone jack stopped working and detecting that headphones are plugged in. Never had any issues with headphones up until this point.
Performing a system reset is NOT an option as it's the update the broke this.
1 REPLY 1

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi zelric
Thank you for your asking. My device in the same firmware version works perfectly fine with the earphones. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please clean the debris off the port with compress air can.
The issue could cause by various reasons, a common reason is the battery port had too many debris, so that the port keep detect debris or moisture. Please try to clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can), put with dehumidifier for a day, or bring it back to Repair Center for device checking.
2. Please check on SMMI test 
Link on the bluetooth earphone first, then go to 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Headset Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
3. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
4. Can the earphones work in another device? Or can you try another earphones?