Asus 5Z app drawer bug

mikoda.damianmikoda.damian Level 1
edited October 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 5z
  2. Firmware Version: 191008
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): app drawer zen ui

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello, yesterday i turn on Android 10 gesture, everything was working ok. When i swipe up from bottom i could move to home screen.

After night (wasnt using phone) swiping up is not working correctly. It cause opening app drawer instead of movig to home screen even when i start from bottom.

Vid included

With this bug is hard to use gesture.

Comments

• Kindly share your exact firmware version because this gesture navigation problem is now fixed in .92 version its way more smoother now than before

Also i suggest you kindly check with your sensitivity for gesture navigation by going

Settings>display>system navigation>gesture navigation >tap on gear like icon available on side of gesture navigation option >adjust your sensitivity there

Now see if adjusting your sensitivity helps you fix your problem

Thanks! 😊

• Sorry i didnt past whole firmware number.

Also problem only exist with android gesture. And as i said when i turned this option IT was fine, but after night IT stoped working. Restsrting phone isn't helping.

Another vid in att.

Thanks for aswer!

• AmitGardeAmitGarde Level 5
    edited August 2020

Changing sensitivity also did not help than i say kindly check behaviour of gesture navigation in safe mode

How to enter safe mode

Hold power button for few seconds you will able to see option of power off >now tap and hold on that option for few seconds > you will get a notice saying do you want to entre safe mode> select ok there > and see if same behaviour in safe mode as well

To exit safe mode just restart your device and

If still problem remains kindly try changing gesture approch to system for few minutes to swipe up and after few minutes again try to set gesture navigation and check after restart

Again problem is not solved kindly clear cache and storage of ASUS launcher by going

Settings>apps&notifications>asus launcher >storage >clear cache clear storage and force stop and see

Thanks !

I hope something will help you

• Nothing help yet, now only last step left, should i do backup before clearing cache?

• Debasish SahooDebasish Sahoo Level 3
    edited September 2020

No need to backup before clearing cache. You won't loose any data for clearing cache.

• I tried all steps but nothing help

The issue still exist

• Hi mikoda.damian

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Please make sure your storage is not full.

2. Please try Settings>Apps & notifications>App info>3 dots on the top row>Reset app preferences

3. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

This discussion has been closed.