Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating and battery issues

federicaargo
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 3 Strix ed
Firmware Version: latest update (can't check now, I'm writing from another phone and the Rog is turned off)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi! I bought Rog phone 3 four days ago and I feel like I'm having some troubles. It keeps heating for no reason (like heating up while no apps are open besides Pinterest or google or whatsapp, so basic things) and the armoury crate tells me CPU reaches 49°C, GPU 47°C and system temperature is 37°C.
I seem to have troubles with powermaster too. I activated slow charging and planned my charging hours but the hours keep shifting on their own, and even when I found a reasonable hour among the ones the phone put by itself, (I charge my phone while it's off) i found it turned on. But the battery went on for two days with a medium usage so i was quite happy.
I decided then to charge it overnight without planning the charge, but today my battery lasted barely one day with literally basic stress. I didn't even use it so much.
Also it kept heating for no reason. I switched off every single option that consumes battery and prevented apps from opening, minimum luminosity, 60Hz screen and few to none consuming apps going on.
I tried setting slow charge again with fixed hours hoping it would get better, so I turned off the phone and plugged in, but the phone was still on hyper charging and went from 30% to 100% in barely an hour (it was set to reach 100% at 5a.m.)
I can't seem to understand. Is there something i can do??
I can't provide screens and clips now cause they're on my rog phone and I'm writing from my old zenfone 3 but i think I can do it tomorrow if it's needed /?
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
federicaargo

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 3 Strix ed
  2. Firmware Version: latest update (can't check now, I'm writing from another phone and the Rog is turned off)
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi! I bought Rog phone 3 four days ago and I feel like I'm having some troubles. It keeps heating for no reason (like heating up while no apps are open besides Pinterest or google or whatsapp, so basic things) and the armoury crate tells me CPU reaches 49°C, GPU 47°C and system temperature is 37°C.

I seem to have troubles with powermaster too. I activated slow charging and planned my charging hours but the hours keep shifting on their own, and even when I found a reasonable hour among the ones the phone put by itself, (I charge my phone while it's off) i found it turned on. But the battery went on for two days with a medium usage so i was quite happy.

I decided then to charge it overnight without planning the charge, but today my battery lasted barely one day with literally basic stress. I didn't even use it so much.

Also it kept heating for no reason. I switched off every single option that consumes battery and prevented apps from opening, minimum luminosity, 60Hz screen and few to none consuming apps going on.

I tried setting slow charge again with fixed hours hoping it would get better, so I turned off the phone and plugged in, but the phone was still on hyper charging and went from 30% to 100% in barely an hour (it was set to reach 100% at 5a.m.)

I can't seem to understand. Is there something i can do??

I can't provide screens and clips now cause they're on my rog phone and I'm writing from my old zenfone 3 but i think I can do it tomorrow if it's needed /?

Heating and battery issues
I will send you a PM with more questions and instructions on how to log your device