Unable to unlock bootloader on Zenfone 3?

tepwutepwu Level 1
edited October 2020 in Others

1. Model Name: Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
  2. Firmware Version: OPR1.170623.026.WW_Phone-15.0410.1807.75-0 (Build number)
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: High
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device Tool (Official Bootloader Unlock) ZE552KL_SIGNED_UnlockTool_9.1.0.7_180912_fulldpi

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've been trying to unlock my Zenfone 3 through the official ASUS unlock tool, but I am receiving this error when I click on the "Press to unlock your device" button. I have never rooted or unlocked the bootloader on this device before. Could I get some help on this?

Comments

• Dear friend

After checking with the relevant team, the issue is now under investigation. For people who purchased the device from authorized reseller, first hand device and never rooted or unlocked your device, please wait for my reply. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.

• Hello, I have the same problem reported here by @tepwu. The whole scenario described here is the same, as are the app versions. The unlocktool app needs to share the smartphone's IMEI with ASUS, however it seems that the smartphone is unable to do so due to some problem with the connectivity with the ASUS server where this application performs the IMEI verification.

Could you check this question and return us a solution, since the devices are original, the applications used are made available by ASUS? We look forward to a return with the utmost urgency. Thank you!

• Hi ti.gideon

Thank you for your inquiry. Is your model ZE552KL as well? Please provide me your model and the screenshot of your error message.

• My phone is ze552kl (asus_z012dc). As I said earlier, I have the same model of smatphone and the message is exactly the same as the screenshot in this post. My smartphone is not in English, but as the message is the same already informed I did not publish the screenshot. However, if it makes a difference to the solution of the problem, let me know that I will post the image with the message in my native language.

Thank you very much in advance!

• Hi friends

The issue of ZE552KL unlock tool is now under investigation. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

• Good news @Christine_ASUS, I'm waiting for the app to be fixed.

Thank you!

• Hello.

I am facing the same issue with an Asus ZenFone 3 ZE552KL with the below information:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
    2. Firmware Version: WW_Phone-15.0410.1807.75_0 (Build number)
    3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
    4. APP Name & APP Version: UnlockTool_20180912(Android O) ZE552KL_SIGNED_UnlockTool_9.1.0.7_180912_fulldpi (File download from ASUS USA website).

The error message received from the application is exactly the same as the screenshot on the first post from @tepwu

Thank you.

• Hello.

I would like to update my previous post by saying that with the use of the latest unlock tool, from ASUS website, managed to unlonk the phone. The file was downloaded from ASUS USA website and detals are attached below:

• Hi friends

The latest unlock tool of ZE552KL is now available on our official website! Please check the link below

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-3-ZE552KL/HelpDesk_Download/

• Hi vtrguimaraes

Thank you for your asking. I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

• Hi vtrguimaraes

For ZE550KL, there will no longer have any maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.

• oh nice info, thank you

This discussion has been closed.