Zenfone 5z Main Camera Got blurred.

Since last month i found my Main Camera is blur.It is not due to any software upgradtion.I had checked all latest firmware but still problem exist .I also Downgrade my Phone to Pie .still problem was there. I m in doubt how it got blurred jst because of sudden falldrops of phones or any software issue is there with phone. If this pblm is due to physical damage to camera then this will not face by others using this phone since this time .

Comments

• Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Check your phone for latest software version.

2. Go to Camera settings & try changing focus mode .

3. Clear cache & storage of Camera App after backing up & disable/re-enable camera App

4. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

5. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

6. Last option would be to visit the service centre to have

a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

Seriously? You come up with the same solution? So many people have reported the same issues. Can't you guys come up with some answers? Is it that difficult? It's been more than months reporting the issue.

• Issue not resolved even i downgrade system to Android Oreo .plz help me

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

Hardware issue buddy. You need to pay for it they ain't gonna make it for free.

• DEOKANTDEOKANT Level 1

Same issue is with my phone I don't think it is hardware issue. Because at same time this issue came in phone of many people. This issue is only with primary lens

• DEOKANTDEOKANT Level 1

Please resolve this issue ASAP. I facing this issue after a update. This is firmware issue

• Deokant i agree with you

• shppantshppant Level 1

I thought this is happening to me only.there is absolutely some issue with the software .it is not possible that everyone has dropped their phone and it got damaged.asus should resolve this as soon as possible.

• Very strange problem created by asus . Please fix it ASAP

• amitgarde3amitgarde3 Level 4

Only service centre can fix this camera blur problem as it is hardware defect not caused due to software kindly visit service centre by taking your imp data backup

Thanks!

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

@amitgarde3 Are you for real? Why are you guys confusing us? @Christine_ASUS said that they'll look into the problem. Why don't you guys talk to yourself before you give any answer to us? Why do you confuse us?

• They are looking into matter but it has to be confirmed internally weather it is software or hardware but according to my knowledge and till date even ASUS was saying its hardware problem and also i use same device 5z but i dont have any problem here so i can confirm it is hardware problem

Also weather its hardware or software service centre can fix everything so its better to get your device checked by service centre

I also can confirm if its by software ASUS will surely provide camera optimisations in future updates so dont worry but if its hardware no other can help apart from service centre

I hope you can understand

Thanks!😊

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

Okay it's a hardware issue, now what? Give it service center and pay for it? Do you really think hundreds of people dropped their phones and broke the camera module? Come on dude seriously. Why do we have to pay for what we haven't done? Is this the real reason why you're taking too long to respond because you already knew about it and you wanted people to pay for it? Sad to see people getting fooled.

• Debasish SahooDebasish Sahoo Level 3
    edited July 11

Ok let's assume that it is a software issue then tell me one thing that why majority of people's are not facing the issues and why few of them are facing the issues. I am not saying that u r wrong but may be it's due to hardware issue so better to check your device at service center because there u clearly get your answers.

Even if I am not facing any issues and my camera works super fine. If it is a software related issue then majority of us should face that issue.

edited July 11

Even i am normal user not a asus mod or anything its just my opinion even i can understand your situation its better if it gets fixed in future firmware by ASUS if its software for sure, but what if hardware??something may trigger inside hardware there may be few lotts which may have cause this similar problem at a time

I also suggest you about check for customer induced damage policy by service centre and confirm that with service centre hopefully that will help in your case to avoid paying for camera problem if you dont have any colour removal on device frame or any minute damage to your device

Lets wait for mod christine's reply what they confirm with this blur issue weather its hardware or software

Thanks 😊

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

Majority of them are facing this issue if you keep reading you'll get to know. It's easy for you to say because you ain't facing this problem.

• AlwynAlwyn Level 2

I didn't know you are mod or not, but people got confused for sure and they aren't talking maybe because they might think they are wrong. I'm just talking behalf of the people who are facing the issue and trying my best to let people know why they shouldn't pay for the damage which we didn't do it. If ASUS want's to sell their phones later on in the future then they definitely shouldn't charge for this issue.

• Debasish SahooDebasish Sahoo Level 3
    edited July 12

Bro I understand your problem as camera is very essential in our day to day life and it's very difficult to use a phone without camera working properly. But I want to say that if you take your phone to service center they can tell you whether it is software issue or hardware issue and if they say it's due to software then you can raise your question with full proof and if it's due to hardware they will solve your problem at there only.

Otherwise please wait till tomorrow for mods reply they will clear your doubts.

• He is a normal user like us and he gained his level and badges by helping other people in this forum. You can check his profile. His profile itself tells the whole story about him. Atleast try to do what he says otherwise as I said wait till tomorrow mods will clarify your doubts.

Thanks!

edited July 12

Why confusions??? When service centres are hope for any problem n i always suggest that becoz i also think that people should get there solutions as early as possible inorder to get there devices fixed n used also service centres know and they will decide if to consider CID or not also if its caused due to software service centres will help also if hardware service centres can help paying or not paying you can ask service centres the way you are saying here they will definetly give you exact answer if your issue is covered under payment or not

My concern is to get people there solutions as early as possible so i always keep saying to visit service centres also m 5z user and i never saw this blur issue so i keep saying service centre can help