Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader

yusufarifin532yusufarifin532 Level 1
edited June 9 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5 ZE620KL
  2. Firmware Version: WW_15_0610_1801_42
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App

The program does not unlock the bootloader, writes (An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later)

Comments

• Same outcome for me.

1. Model: Zenfone 5Q (ZC600KL)
    2. FW ver: WW_16.0610.2002.94-0
    3. Rooted or not: Not
    5. App Name & App Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device Tool, v9.1.0.0_171109
  • Hi yusufarifin532

Please check on your inbox and PM me your SN. Let me check on it.

Hi AgentTechnoman

Please provide me the screenshot of your error message. Thank you.

• Hi AgentTechnoman

Please check on your inbox and PM me your SN. Thank you.

• 501231073501231073 Level 1

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL
    2. Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.87

• Hi 501231073

Please check on your inbox and PM me your SN. Thank you.

• Hi yusufarifin532

Thank you for providing me the info. After investigating by the tech team, they found out that your device had unlocked once in February. Did you perform the unlock movement before or did you purchased the device from second-hand resource? Have you change the motherboard before?

• In my case, I performed the unlock when I first purchased the phone in 2018, but it went into an unbootable (soft brick) state, so I had to use the firehose to restore a factory image. I was able to unlock again at that point; but recently, I wanted to update the software version and it wouldn't let me, so I ran the firehose process again, updated to the latest software, and tried unlocking to no avail.

• shekysheky Level 1

hi agent,

I am also having the same problem. But as you said, i unlocked it long back. and never relocked it.but recently i ve changed the mother board from ASUS Authoraised service centre. since then i am getting the same error. My model is ASus 6z,bought in july2019 india. I ve titanium backup of my old apps and data. so i nee desperately need root.

pls help

• shekysheky Level 1

So what I understood is, when u've already unlocked once it's registered in Asus Database. And when they changed motherboard it came with locked bootloaders. But now when I try to unlock it again,it's checking in the database n found that the device is already unlocked n hence its giving the error.

But what is the solution to this problem?are we struck up with locked bootloaders for ever? Or is there someone who can help us? I think the programmer has not seen this condition coming. I.e out of repair at service centre.. getting the unlocked to locked state.

One final doubt,if the service centre can lock the unlocked bootloaders,

can they unlock the locked bootloaders? Pls tell me if so I LL get it done there.

Else I don't have any option other than to sell this n buy a phone which is rootable. Becoz Root is must for me as I ve huge data n apps backed up with Titanium Backup.

Pls help

• I'm not sure this solution will work.

Try downgrading to older firmware like 2018 or 2019 version of firmware and then use that app to unlock bootloader.

• yes i unlock february but . my phone get brick and get flash raw file WW_ZE620KL_15.0610.1801.42_M3.5.11.6-ASUS_1.1.7_Phone-user.raw 

my phone get normal again but bootloader get relocked again :)

change motherboard nope 😶

• wozouyuwozouyu Level 1

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL
    2. Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70

• edited June 16

Hi wozouyu

Have you ever unlocked your device before? If you haven't unlocked your device and received the error message that you showed me, please check on your inbox and PM me your SN. Thank you.  

• elias888elias888 Level 1

Hello,

I bought this Asus phone this morning, but Unlock App doesn't work.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
    2. Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226 (this is build number...where is the firmware version?)
    5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App version 9.1.0.7_180912

Error message in the Unlock Device App:

"An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue, please wait and try again."

It seems many people are having this problem :/

• Yes, many people are having this problem; and judging by the fact that your device is brand new, it's not an issue with our devices having been unlocked before. It is probably an issue with the unlock server again like it was back in 2012.

See this thread on XDA-Developers: https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-unlocker-tool-broken-asus-claims-rma-is-the-answer/

Hopefully, whoever controls it can fix this issue again.

• Hi elias888

Thank you for your asking. Based on your device is brand new, like AgentTechnoman said, your issue should be different from theirs.

Yet because your model is ZB631KL, please refer to the link below as Max Pro Series, and open a new thread there

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/ww_zenfone-max-pro-series

Please provide me the screenshot of your error message and your issue in your new thread. Then check on your inbox and PM me your SN. I will forward the information to the relevant department.

• elias888elias888 Level 1

They have great service right now! My problem is already fixed!