Phone Reset Itself

ZhxckZhxck Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone Max Pro Series

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL)
  2. Firmware Version: Latest, i don't know where to check.
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Find My Device

So yesterday, i was using my phone normally to play games and stuff, but suddenly a notification appear and it was "Find My Devices, Locating Devices". I click on that notification and my phone reset itself! i don't know what happen and i panicked because of that, All of my Documents, Data, and stuff are gone because of this, i use my own email (Only 1) and never try to use the Find My Devices feature, i check on Google Account and see the devices that are using my email and it's only 2 devices (My Computer and my Phone). Any idea what's happen?

Comments

• PrayushPrayush Level 1

It might be because of the google chrome latest version update may be.. just downgrade ur chrome version.chrome latest version face so mny problems including crashing or others apps like amazon, news apps etc. Downgrade ur chrome to previous version...it will be normal.

To downgrade, go to settings, app, chrome, and disable it, enable it again..and its done.

• ZhxckZhxck Level 1

But how does Chrome reset my phone? doesn't make any sense at all.

• Can't reset my phone.And in my phone screen have written [unfortunately,com.android.has stopped]

• Hi yogaaprinaldi766

Thank you for your asking. The issue of this thread appeared after the update of Chrome (Version 83.0.4103.60), and lots of users reported this issue had been solved after another update of Chrome version.

Could you please provide me your issue detail? If you want to reset your phone, kindly refer to the steps below

Method A.

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

Method B. Recovery Mode

Please try following steps to access recovery mode.

1. Keep pressing "volume down key"

2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration

3. Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen

4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"

#Hardware Reset Guide

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Same problem arises to me today. I was watching movies on my screen and got an notification of find my device saying locate your device and sth like this. But I don't care about this and continuing my movie even without click on this notification and suddenly a message appeared on my screen saying factory data reset.... Like this and mbl hot shutdown in 2-5 seconds time. I was really shocked by thinking wtf going on and I had no time to do anything. So all my data lost which was on my device. Fortunately I got some important photos from Google photos and got application. But there is no data into application because all data was erased. This really annoyed me. So I am really sad with Asus Zenfone max pro m1 Device.

This discussion has been closed.