This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Reset Itself

Zhxck
Star I

Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL)
Firmware Version: Latest, i don't know where to check.
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Find My Device
So yesterday, i was using my phone normally to play games and stuff, but suddenly a notification appear and it was "Find My Devices, Locating Devices". I click on that notification and my phone reset itself! i don't know what happen and i panicked because of that, All of my Documents, Data, and stuff are gone because of this, i use my own email (Only 1) and never try to use the Find My Devices feature, i check on Google Account and see the devices that are using my email and it's only 2 devices (My Computer and my Phone). Any idea what's happen?
5 REPLIES 5

Prayush
Star I
It might be because of the google chrome latest version update may be.. just downgrade ur chrome version.chrome latest version face so mny problems including crashing or others apps like amazon, news apps etc. Downgrade ur chrome to previous version...it will be normal.
To downgrade, go to settings, app, chrome, and disable it, enable it again..and its done.

Zhxck
Star I
But how does Chrome reset my phone? doesn't make any sense at all.

Can't reset my phone.And in my phone screen have written [unfortunately,com.android.has stopped]

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi yogaaprinaldi766
Thank you for your asking. The issue of this thread appeared after the update of Chrome (Version 83.0.4103.60), and lots of users reported this issue had been solved after another update of Chrome version.
Could you please provide me your issue detail? If you want to reset your phone, kindly refer to the steps below
Method A.
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
Method B. Recovery Mode
Please try following steps to access recovery mode.
1. Keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration
3. Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"
#Hardware Reset Guide
[ZenFone] How to do hardware reset on your phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.