rickoaxeldinatarickoaxeldinata Level 1
edited May 21 in ZenFone Max Pro Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone max pro m2
  2. Firmware Version:Newest Android 9
  3. Rooted or not:No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Chrome, Gmail

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I don't know why, but my chrome and Gmail always crash. Everytime I want to search or check my email, these two apps always crashed! I alr do force stop and clearing cache, but it all didn't work! Please help me if you know how to solve this problem. Now I use mozila Firefox because i cant use my chrome.

~UPDATED: FIXED~

To fix this issue, you just need to uninstall update the chrome app on setting, after that, you can update the latest version of chrome at Google play store! It's stable and this bug is fixed!

Thx to all of your replies guys!

Comments

• Guys, I just realized that I can't open my wps office too! It always crash! And I speed test app(by ookla) is crashing too! Is this my device problem??

• Yes, Same Problem I am facing from today morning. Even in my mobile, most of the apps are closing immediately (not the case of no responding) just like amazon, google news, gmail after opening any msg, chrome stuck at search bar. I reseted my mobile, this problem looked to be solved, but again occured after updating apps. Don't know, why, i am thinking this is bug of updated google chrome app, which i update it in morning, after this problem is occurring.

Any suggestions?

• Hey ShiHey Shi Level 1
    edited May 20

Same problem here with my Asus Max Pro M1! Anything related to gmail is crashed! Also my instagram. Downloaded a scheduler app, trying to connect to my Instagram but it just exit to home! Chrome cannot be used. Was trying to use Microsoft Outlook instead of Gmail, but I can't even add my account to the app. (P.S I already tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple times but it just didn't work)

• Hey ShiHey Shi Level 1

UPDATE: I tried to uninstall Gmail and Google Chrome and the Instagram scheduler app (PREVIEW) and Microsoft Outlook are working

• Can you check, whether other apps are working after disabling google chrome and restarting the mobile, just to confirm this problem is due to google chrome or not

• ShrirangShrirang Level 1

Not only gmail and chrome but many apps like dictionary, skype, amazon, indian express and many more are crashing since this morning. I tried to fix this with traditional remedies like updating apps, reinstalling them, restarting phone for twice and finally doing factory reset. Unfortunately everything failed and nothing worked. It seems like there is problem with the last update or some other issue with the software. Did anyone get any solution to this?

• All my apps connected to google also crashes. I think their is. Bug on the new update.

• I'm experiencing the same thing..all google apps are not working properly..for some reason my Scribd app isn't either.

• hazrul07hazrul07 Level 1

max pro m1..my banking apps, gmail experiencing the same thing..

• Hello, everyone.

It seems like the new Chrome update on May 20th, (20-05-2020) broke all of Google's Web Services on some phone models. As of now, the most affected are Asus Zenfone Max Pro series.

I found a temporary solution for this. You can uninstall Chrome (it'll set it back to Factory version) and you should be good to go. Don't forget to sync your Chrome with your Google Account.

• miral.vyasmiral.vyas Level 1

I am facing similar issues with many applications installed on my Asus Zen Max pro. What is the solution to this ?

• What is the solution to this issues? I cant open my game and other apps.im bored now :(

• I have updated the firmware manually but still can't open apps (game and other)

• Kannan21Kannan21 Level 1

I have faced the same problem. Just downgrade you Google Chrome browser and check everything will work. Please check if you are using Google Chrome 83.0.4103.60 please downgrade this version.

After that see everything will work fine.

• How to downgrade google chrome?

• Kannan21Kannan21 Level 1
    edited May 20

Goto app info and Disable the app. And enable it again.

• Wow it worked thanks man,so we use old version of chrome until chrome fix that bug?

• Yeah,i was thought only my device got this problem,so i immediately open Asus zentalk but i cant enter the web(crash) i downloaded Mozilla firefox and i Saw this discussion xD