Scheduled Charging/Battery Care Bug

monilhathimonilhathi Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

I enabled the battery care feature to charge the phone overnight and scheduled it between 11.30 pm to 6.30 am. I found out that the battery was completely charged at 5.30 am. Am I doing something wrong or is there a a bug in the s/w? @Anders_ASUS

Comments

• MonarkMonark Level 3

Yeah i also encountered this problem it is always getting fully charged before the time ends.@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS

Until 80 it is charging normally(Fast charge) and then upto 100 the fast charging get turned off although it is charging fully within the time.

Can somebody suggest a good scheduled charge timings as i have to stop charging at 80 percent.

Thanks😀

• I haven't played much with this but just to chime in, when I have had that setting turned on it has never stopped charging at 80% for me. I've only tried it a few times. I never use quick charging so I wondered if it had something to do with that.

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

@Monark

Can somebody suggest a good scheduled charge timings as i have to stop charging at 80 percent.

I am using for this behaviour Start Time 6:01 and End Time 6:00. I select the time when I am sleeping yet and phone is not connected to the charger.

• shiv1gshiv1g Level 2

I have mine set to 10 pm to 9 am.

I use a normal 10W charger (18W in-box fast charger makes phone hot and degrades battery health). For me, the battery stops charging at 81% and reaches 100% in between 8.00 to 8.20 am always.

Also, even though I'm using a 10W(5V 2A) charger, the Ampere app only shows a maximum of 950mA current, which means it only charges at 5W max. The cable I'm using supports fast charging.

Can anyone explain to me why? Shouldn't it be charging at a higher current, somewhere around 1800mA?

It takes 5 hours to recharge my 6Z for dead to 100% using a 10W charger. If 6Z starts supporting the full potential of 10W charger, it can definitely recharge to full within 3 hours.

• skylerwolfeskylerwolfe Level 3
    edited May 2020

I almost exclusively use 2A chargers (there are 4 that I typically use in various places at home and work). Usually I get between 1100 and 1700mA depending on how I use the phone while charging. I have used a few 2A chargers that only gave less than 1000mA (one was a Belkin charger). I just blamed it on those chargers. But if you want different results you would likely have to experiment with different cables and chargers. I've had great experience with Anker and Aukey chargers.

• shiv1gshiv1g Level 2

I'm using Sony, Samsung, OnePlus and Vivo 2A chargers with OnePlus dash cable and Asus original cable. All i can get is a maximum of 950mA current. Please give me the names of the chargers that give you more than 1500mA current.

• At this moment I'm using this charger. I should note when I said 2A charger earlier, they are probably all actually 2.4A.

• skylerwolfeskylerwolfe Level 3
    edited May 2020

My car charger is below. I just use the non-QC port.

• shiv1gshiv1g Level 2

Ok. So, 6Z can only charge at 1000mA max with a regular 10W charger. That's interesting!

• It's true that the battery will fully charge before the set time with battery care. How much sooner depends on the battery level and time it has to charge.

A battery app can't estimate how fast a phone is charging since it has a hard time estimating how much power that is being used.

• monilhathimonilhathi Level 1
    edited May 2020

@Anders_ASUS sorry I posted in the wrong section. I have an ROG 2 and not Z6. However just wanted to confirm if it's not a bug but an intentional feature? I charged it from 30% to 100%, but that 100% should have been around 6.30 am and not 5.30 am. Isn't this supposed to work this way ?

• Ihar1shIhar1sh Level 1

I am using this technique so that it won't get ahead of 81 % even though I charged anytime expect 2 hours prior to end time , it charges to 80 % quickly then it stops & again start charging before 2 hrs of the End Time works great for me daily when going to bed I keep charging & I do small top ups between that's it I am a heavy user

• Ihar1shIhar1sh Level 1

I am using this technique so that it won't get ahead of 81 % even though I charged anytime expect 2 hours prior to end time , it charges to 80 % quickly then it stops & again start charging before 2 hrs of the End Time works great for me daily when going to bed I keep charging & I do small top ups between that's it I am a heavy user

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

When the Start and End Times are set correctly, Battery Care can be used to ensure that the battery does not charge more than 81%. Many users have confirmed here that this is exactly how they use Battery Care. However, it would be very useful if Battery Care also had a switch that would allow to reset the battery statistics not at the standard 90%, but at 80%.

• MonarkMonark Level 3

Yeah that's correct for me already it's 14days🤣 as i was charging only to 80%.

This discussion has been closed.