cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Security Update

taufiq_sabirin
Star III
Dear Asus,
You should fix this. A premium phone category yet always leave behind in security update even if it is already Android 10.
@Anders_ASUS
VC73QJYB1JG2.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I almost wish they offered an option to install a ROM that doesn't have all the gaming tweaks and gaming hardware support in it. So that updates can be put out quicker.

I pretty much never use the Armoury Crate settings anymore since they removed the Double FPS trick.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
taufiq.sabirin

Dear Asus,

You should fix this. A premium phone category yet always leave behind in security update even if it is already Android 10.

@Anders_ASUS

VC73QJYB1JG2.jpg

Monthly Security Update
Well there's a new update coming soon and I'm pretty sure this article is referring to pre A10 update where Security Updates were behind quite a bit but that is no longer the case.

Andrea
Star III
@Anders_ASUS I'm sorry to say that this is still true. We are stuck with February patches on ROG Phone 2, while on my work phone (an old Samsung Galaxy A8 2018) I received this morning the update with May patches. ASUS is REALLY SLOW with patches.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Andrea

@Anders_ASUS I'm sorry to say that this is still true. We are stuck with February patches on ROG Phone 2, while on my work phone (an old Samsung Galaxy A8 2018) I received this morning the update with May patches. ASUS is REALLY SLOW with patches.

View post
There are lots of fun articles about Samsung being even faster than Google to release security updates 🙂
But as I mentioned, there will be a new update soon with the April update if I'm not mistaking. Unfortunately, we don't have an army of software engineers like samsung but we do our best.