Callers oncomplain about echo while calling.

Callers listen to echo while video calling. The problem is gone when I use headphone. Kindly sort this out. Asus zenfone max pro m1
Model = Asus_X00TD

Comments

• Hi mahato.sanjay,

Is the problem the person on the other side hears their echo? Or you can hear your echo from your side using ZenFone Max Pro M1?
    Could you tell me the device you are video calling with? Does it happen with different devices you video call with?
    Please tell me your firmware version, which app and version, WiFi or 4G.

Thank you :)
  • Normal calling time this issue showing
  • Hi mahato.sanjay & k4kannan.karthika,

Sorry, could you tell me your firmware version, and which apps have this problem?
    If it is preloaded calling app, please tell me which carrier and your location.
    If it is third party apps, please tell me which app, version, 4G or WiFi, location.
    Does it happen when calling with the phone near the face, or speaker?

Thank you :)
  • <font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Bu problemim Ben de var</font></font>
  • Mustafaevren posted on 2019/3/28 02:04
    Bu problemim Ben de var

Hi Mustafaevren,

Sorry, to avoid any possible misunderstanding, we would suggest you describe your situation in English.
    Thank you for your help :)
  • HEtches81HEtches81 Level 1

Hi Y_Asus,

I am having the same issue as the original post (answering your question: the other side hears our echo).

When speaking to friends on Facebook Messenger, MessengerKids, or Instagram video chat, people on the other end hear our voices in constant echo. Asus ZenPadz8... This is used strictly on WiFi for a child. Using microphone setting as you would with a regular video chat. No headset used. No other devices do this in our house on those apps. Just the Asus Zenpad.

I've gone through the tablet settings over and over. I'm at a loss. Please help. Thank you in advance.

• i have max max pro m2 when i use earphone while calling the people on the other side listen my sound as well as their sound also,.

• Hi HEtches81

Thank you for your asking. The echo issue may sometimes cause by signal conditions, kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Update your Zenpad firmware to the latest version, does the issue remain the same?

2. Please try the Factory Reset

3. Does the issue appear with earphones, speaker mode, or just normal using?

Hi abhaykrishnan02

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Does the issue always happen with the receivers in all kind of models?

2. Does the issue appear in a stable Internet environment of both?

3. Does the issue only appear in earphones? If you use normal mode or speaker mode, does the phone have the same situation?

4. Original call app or 3rd party call apps?

• it only happens when i call to a person who have (idea)sim card

• Hi abhaykrishnan02

Thank you for your quick reply. Kindly make sure that both side required to stay in places with stable signal. For the notification, kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Please try to re-install the app

App info>Disable>Force Stop>Enable

2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

3. Furthermore, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

• HEtches81HEtches81 Level 1

Hi Christine_Asus,

Can you please provide the link for the latest firmware update available? It says no updates available when I go into settings, but I think a manual update check is best.

Thank you!

Hetches81

• Hi HEtches81

Thank you for your quick reply. I have further checked with relative team, please try the Factory Reset. Thank you.

• Sometimes it happens on Asus zenfone max pro M1. Toggle call audio option to loudspeaker/headphones/bluetooth audio while on call for short moment of time on dialer app/video caller app. It will solve the echo issue. I guess there is issues with audio profile configuration in asus device tree xml files.

• Hi rajeshsunshine.1988

Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?

2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

3. What kind of call app or video call app are you using?

4. Does your issue happen on speaker/loud speaker/cable earphones/bluetooth earphones?

5. Are you willing to assist me to collect the logs? Because my device doesn't encounter the same issue, I can forward to the relevant team for further checking.

1. Model Name: ASUS ZenFone Max Pro (M1) X00TD 6GB RAM
    2. Firmware Version:WW_Phone- 16.2017.2007.084 ( Android pie )
    3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
    4. Frequency of Occurrence: Sometime
    5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Default dialer app. No third party apps used.

Echo problem arises in following conditions

No echo problem while using bluetooth or wired headphones. So audio get rooted to corresponding device during calls or music playback.

On disconnecting the bluetooth / wired headphones to device speaker and device remains in idle state . If I try to attend incoming call or to make call with phone there comes echo problem. So if the other side caller reports echo, I toggle audio option ( phone speaker/loudspeaker and vice versa ) in default dialer app there by no echo noticed.

I am not using any third party apps . Device is brand new with bootloader locked and also not rooted. Yes i am interested in collecting logs. I request ASUS to check audio profiles and conditions of device mic while on disconnecting bluetooth/wired headphone.

• Hi rajeshsunshine.1988

Thank you for your reply. Please check your inbox and assist me for recording the logs.