Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After OTA update to Android 10

jyun88
Rising Star II
Ok
Just got the OTA and update my phone.
The phone did get warm and hot on normal usage(browsing web)
Refresh rate did obviously drop a lot. Its almost like not even 60hertz. Significant better on 120hertz(not very much) on Chrome web browsing
Drain battery a lot(probably due to the heat running)
Non PlayStore app gets bounce out very few minutes. It didn't happen on A9

I hate the refresh rate drop so much on chrome. Is like i bought a cheap android phone on premium price.

I will try for few more days and update on a new discussion.
@asus i hope there will be a fix on battery,heats and performance issue fix soon
22 REPLIES 22

Sagar2696
Star III
jyun88

Ok

Just got the OTA and update my phone.

The phone did get warm and hot on normal usage(browsing web)

Refresh rate did obviously drop a lot. Its almost like not even 60hertz. Significant better on 120hertz(not very much) on Chrome web browsing

Drain battery a lot(probably due to the heat running)

Non PlayStore app gets bounce out very few minutes. It didn't happen on A9

I hate the refresh rate drop so much on chrome. Is like i bought a cheap android phone on premium price.

I will try for few more days and update on a new discussion.

@asus i hope there will be a fix on battery,heats and performance issue fix soon

After OTA update to Android 10
Feeling the same. In A9 while playing PUBG in extreme settings while X mode on the temp never goes above 40 but now in normal settings the temperature is going to max about 46C and battery is draining so quickly. And Frame drops I think I will not talk about this.@Anders_ASUS Try to solve these issues ASAP.@anderson100558

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Sagar2696

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18149/after-ota-update-to-android-10

Feeling the same. In A9 while playing PUBG in extreme settings while X mode on the temp never goes above 40 but now in normal settings the temperature is going to max about 46C and battery is draining so quickly. And Frame drops I think I will not talk about this.@Anders_ASUS Try to solve these issues ASAP.@anderson100558

View post
I'm too facing battery drain , dude it feels like just other regular phones . A9 battery optimization was soo good that I used to give up playing but my battery never , nowdays I have to give up gaming just because of battery , max to max 3 hours for gaming maybe 4 rarely . I'm facing this after A10 update , everything else is perfect but battery is draining even after a regular use just like playing videos using apps insta , YouTube, what's app etc. My phone generally use to drain only during game , that too not much but now the scenarios are changed . I hope Asus will definately fix this, it's a humble request please help us guys .

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'd be happy to log one of your devices for battery and heat issue. They are probably related and caused by some app, constantly working in the background. Who's willing? I will PM you with all the necessary instructions

jyun88
Rising Star II
9JWS9NTBKQOS.jpg
I wonder why this section of settings is call Spendid