This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode question.

Kanu
Rising Star II
One thing i noticed is that when i take a night shot (on night mode) it doesn't load up completely. By that i mean the circle that show that multiple frames are being captured stops halfway and i get a below par image. This doesn't happen on gcam and also when it the circle fully 'loads' , the image is much better. So is this a software issue? That night mode doesn't take many frames or more seconds to capture a photo.
18 REPLIES 18

OPC
Zen Master II
In my case it takes a full circle. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Depending on the scene. But this is the worst mode in the app. I usually get better results in manual mode and later increase brightness/ exposure in the gallery app.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Kanu

One thing i noticed is that when i take a night shot (on night mode) it doesn't load up completely. By that i mean the circle that show that multiple frames are being captured stops halfway and i get a below par image. This doesn't happen on gcam and also when it the circle fully 'loads' , the image is much better. So is this a software issue? That night mode doesn't take many frames or more seconds to capture a photo.

Night mode question.
I also face the same issue. For daylight images I use stock camera, for night photos I use Gcam.
In night mode using stock camera, there is only a quarter circle and image is pitch black but in Gcam there is magic, it captures good photos in lowest lighting conditions.

Kanu
Rising Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17524/night-mode-question

I also face the same issue. For daylight images I use stock camera, for night photos I use Gcam.

In night mode using stock camera, there is only a quarter circle and image is pitch black but in Gcam there is magic, it captures good photos in lowest lighting conditions.

View post
Exactly. @Anders_ASUS can you tell us about this?

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Tested on mine and it behaves the same way. 8 times out of 10 it just shows half the circle load. I don't really care about mine as I never use the camera but I hope you guys get an explanation for this odd behavior.