This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App installation is not safe

Hi guys!
Does anyone know why Mobile Manager says that "App installation is not safe" and I should manage it, but in reality, when I open the Manage tab, all the apps, including the system ones, have the option "Not allowed"?
It's a ROG Phone 2 I am talking about.
Thanks a lot! 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
puikancristian

Hi guys!

Does anyone know why Mobile Manager says that "App installation is not safe" and I should manage it, but in reality, when I open the Manage tab, all the apps, including the system ones, have the option "Not allowed"?

It's a ROG Phone 2 I am talking about.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

App installation is not safe
Please provide screenshots and I will help you. Quote this message when you do so I get a notification. Thanks!

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17308/app-installation-is-not-safe

Please provide screenshots and I will help you. Quote this message when you do so I get a notification. Thanks!

View post
Thank you very much for your help, Anders_ASUS! Here are the photos:
AUG1P8ZQL6PG.jpg
X79FPBKY7YT3.jpg
VEHCDSQJDOCB.jpg

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Its been the same since a long time. I always scratch my head thinking why it shows Not Safe despite having all apps set to Not allowed. Screenshot from A9.
EOHEVH4TY5K3.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Our devs say that there's nothing wrong. In their world (being engineers) they think that everybody knows that it's not safe to install software via other apps. I explained that the user will think that something is wrong with their device with our current wording "App installation is not safe". They understand and asked me to apply for a change of wording.
So now you know. There's nothing to worry about.