This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp and Play services battery drain issue

klynkrishnaa
Star II
After the recent update, WhatsApp has been draining my battery tremendously. Also, from Day 1, play services has been consuming a huge amount of battery, issue which no FOTA update could solve. Tried being a beta tester for Google play services, yet no luck. Need solution for this ?

3 REPLIES 3

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Hmmm, maybe re-install whats app and see what happens ?
For Google play, I am not sure what the cause is and I don't think it is a bug on ASUS end. Could be google's I am not sure but you can try to turn off auto updates...how many google accounts do you have ?

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Refer this thread for solution ! . For the Google play store issue install Beta version( details in the thread ) - https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14328/is-this-battery-duration-good#latest

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
klynkrishnaa

After the recent update, WhatsApp has been draining my battery tremendously. Also, from Day 1, play services has been consuming a huge amount of battery, issue which no FOTA update could solve. Tried being a beta tester for Google play services, yet no luck. Need solution for this ?

2YFOMR1NHL99.jpg

WhatsApp and Play services battery drain issue
Whatsapp has apparently been having battery drain issues since November. Can you uninstall the app and monitor battery life for the next 24 hours? If the drain stops, you can be pretty sure the issue is app related.