This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason why some of us do not have VoLTE on ROG Phone ll

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I always thought that as long as a device is able to support 4G/VoLTE it will work with any Carrier/Service provider. Wrong!
So I reached out to my Carrier/Service provider and they confirmed that the ROG Phone ll isn't on their list of supported devices and I will not be able to enjoy the benefits of VoLte even if my mobile plan includes that service and the ROG phone is able to support it.
I had the wrong impression that Asus was the one not enabling the VoLTE option in our devices until I did some research. So apparently Asus has to reach out to the carrier and the carrier also has to agree to support the device. Having VoLTE in your mobile plan and a phone that supports VoLTE does not complete the puzzle.
So here are my few guesses.
Asus did reach out to many carriers but they probably did not get the green light and it may be due to the fact that the ROG Phone may not be that popular compared to the mainstream brands and it was designed to be for a niche market ?
Or maybe the Carriers are still in the process of getting the ROG Phone ll supported ?
I honestly have no idea at all. So let's just hope the Carriers we have stuck with for so long are going to make some changes to that. For myself I am probably going try my luck at getting the staff at Singtel (Carrier/Service provider) to try and see if they can try to activate it for me some how.
Link below is just for reference, maybe you guys might want to try giving your Carrier a call and see if they can do anything at all.
If you have any thoughts of your own, feel free to share it below!
Cheers! ?
Singtel 4G+
18 REPLIES 18

OPC
Zen Master II
Thanks for the info Jetjosh!

poul1168
Star I
У меня на бюджетном pro m1 всё работало нормально. Так что телефон обязон поддерживать такие функции. Тем более за такие деньги. И оператор тут не виноват. Это моё мнение.

abhimanyu_amish
Rising Star I
Thanks for info. I earlier thought exactly what you think. My query is why some people are able to get volte by first inserting the sin in supported phones,calling service provider to enable and finally inserting sin in rog2?
So, is volte dependent on device or sim? It is a mystery to me. Somebody, please solve

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
poul1168

У меня на бюджетном pro m1 всё работало нормально. Так что телефон обязон поддерживать такие функции. Тем более за такие деньги. И оператор тут не виноват. Это моё мнение.

View post
Yep got to agree with you, but if the carriers do not support this device then we won't be able to enjoy the VoLTE service ?