Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

Sniper_Fox
Star II
For what it's worth, I noticed that on my RoG II as well, although certainly not as pronounced as in your photos.

ag_954gupta
Star III
Sniper Fox

For what it's worth, I noticed that on my RoG II as well, although certainly not as pronounced as in your photos.

View post
Well yea... Asus did a quite a bang up job in the display department.
Also sorry to hear that... Hope its a software issue and Asus fixes it. They did tell they will contact me. No guarantee if they will call me, but if they do. Hope they arrive to a solution to this.

Sniper_Fox
Star II
I'm honestly going to return mine if I can't resolve the bluetooth + car issue I'm getting here - https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/11086/car-bluetooth-disconneting/p1?new=1
I don't know what device I'd buy instead though, as Sammy betrayed us by putting a big hole in the N10 display and removing the headphone jack.

ag_954gupta
Star III
Sniper Fox

I'm honestly going to return mine if I can't resolve the bluetooth + car issue I'm getting here - https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/11086/car-bluetooth-disconneting/p1?new=1

I don't know what device I'd buy instead though, as Sammy betrayed us by putting a big hole in the N10 display and removing the headphone jack.

View post
Same here.... I guess S10+ it is. But to expensive for me. Also ya that stupid curved display and a hole.
Lemme see if I can see that Bluetooth issue.