qromodynmc
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Zenfone Max Pro m1 (zb602kl)
Firmware Version: 087, pie build.
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: often.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome
After last update i noticed that even if i disable google chrome, it keeps coming back. I really dont like chrome and it's webviewer but for some reason it forces me to use chrome webviewer. I dont have any issue so far related to chrome thankfully but i just wanted to let you guys know.

7 REPLIES 7

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
qromodynmc

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Zenfone Max Pro m1 (zb602kl)
  2. Firmware Version: 087, pie build.
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome

After last update i noticed that even if i disable google chrome, it keeps coming back. I really dont like chrome and it's webviewer but for some reason it forces me to use chrome webviewer. I dont have any issue so far related to chrome thankfully but i just wanted to let you guys know.

Some sort of bug after recent update.
That is due to Google's latest grand scale meddling from shifting from Android System webview to Chrome's Webview for other apps and then changing back .
And during this hop around devices everywhere are downloading the whole app of android trichrome library and then updating it.
Playstore reviews of chrome and android system webview is filled with these issues. All android devices affected.
Soln- Keep chrome and Android system webview both enabled and updated for now or else webview required for other apps wont work.
The updation downloads the entire app first and then the update.

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
Anandu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35506/some-sort-of-bug-after-recent-update

That is due to Google's latest grand scale meddling from shifting from Android System webview to Chrome's Webview for other apps and then changing back .

And during this hop around devices everywhere are downloading the whole app of android trichrome library and then updating it.

Playstore reviews of chrome and android system webview is filled with these issues. All android devices affected.

Soln- Keep chrome and Android system webview both enabled and updated for now or else webview required for other apps wont work.

The updation downloads the entire app first and then the update.

View post
screenshot-20200914-144011.png
not getting option of ENABLE😁

RadeonPS
Rising Star II