santoshdpawar
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: max pro m1
Firmware Version:WW-16.2017.2009.087
Rooted or not: no root
Frequency of Occurrence: seen after uodate
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since Version WW-16.2017.2009.087 upgrade, my front camera has started producing grainy images. The quality is so poor that I can't imagine the one before upgrade.
Is anyone facing the sme issues. I have tried to install 3rd party camera app as well but the results are same.
Need better update now.
5 REPLIES 5

santoshdpawar
Star II
Asus support...any news on this?

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, kindly share with us some before and after images so that we can understand the issue better. Thank you.
You may also follow the below steps:
1. Clear cache & storage of Camera App after backing up & disable/re-enable camera App
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup:  https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

AJ1
Rising Star II
santoshdpawar

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: max pro m1
  2. Firmware Version:WW-16.2017.2009.087
  3. Rooted or not: no root
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: seen after uodate
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since Version WW-16.2017.2009.087 upgrade, my front camera has started producing grainy images. The quality is so poor that I can't imagine the one before upgrade.

Is anyone facing the sme issues. I have tried to install 3rd party camera app as well but the results are same.

Need better update now.

Front camera issue after 23/09/2020 update patch
Did u tried formatting your device & by using 3rd party camera apps

santoshdpawar
Star II
The front camera was never good. The pictures were always looking like face whitened, eye dark spots filled with extra color. Attached is the latest pic taken. You will find so much of grains, no sharpness.
The camera is lacking autofocus. Seems like manual focus is not at all working.
I was using gcam which used capture very shatp, detailed and natural pics. Now even gcam has stopped producing the same results. This has started after the update for sure as I don't recall any hardware issues. Please test the update on 6Gb model and confirm the results as I am fan of this model and don't want to loose it just for camera.