uspenskiy_ua
Star III
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 059
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Bluetooth aptx

Hi, I recently updated to the 059 firmware and noticed that Bluetooth sound quality significantly decreases as well as max volume is too low. I am using headphones that support aptx (I see notification that it is turned on). I am comparing sound using same apps/same file on my Asus phone, old iPad and Windows laptop. Both quality and max volume are way worse on Asus phone which was not the case before. What I have done so far: - tried to 'Disable Absolute volume' in Dev settings - reset Bluetooth/wifi settings - reset all apps settings Still no luck. Moreover it also sounds as if left/right channels are not balanced. And it also sounds that switching Aptx on and off (in Bluetooth settings) does not affect sound quality at all - therefore my guess would be that aptx is not working (although shows to be active). I was trying to see HCI log - but it's not working - no log file is produced to further investigate the issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
11 REPLIES 11

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Hi uspenskiy.ua We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue As we did not face this issue after duplicating, Could you describe more clearly? Please help to checking with another bluetooth device. If the problem exists, let us know which bluetooth you are currently using and on which bluetooth device you duplicated the issue. Thank you:)

uspenskiy_ua
Star III
I don't have second Bluetooth headset unfortunately, but I do following comparisons with my current headset connected to different devices: 1. My Zenfone vs iPad - I listen to the same songs using same applications (namely SoundCloud and Apple Music). 2.My Zenfone vs windows laptop - I use same flac file with VLC player (that is available at both platforms).  Both comparisons show very low volume of my Zenfone compared to other sources and lower sound quality. How can I see Bluetooth log so I can provide you with further information ?

taras28ua
Star I
As I mentioned earlier, it happened to me too, after updating to android pie, my Bluetooth speaker, and wired headphones become quieter. 

uspenskiy_ua
Star III
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/10/28 10:41 Hi uspenskiy.ua We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue
Hi, Can you advise how do I get output from Bluetooth HCI snoop log (available at Developer options) since I can't find where its output file located. Thank you