cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

Dranivil
Star III
@HelpingHand I have the version of 16/256 bought in Europe. I manually restarted it 2 days ago. I have not had a different behavior. What does coincide with a previous comment is that I have a second SIM inserted and disabled.

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Dranivil

@HelpingHand I have the version of 16/256 bought in Europe. I manually restarted it 2 days ago. I have not had a different behavior. What does coincide with a previous comment is that I have a second SIM inserted and disabled.

View post
Thanks for the update Dranivil, so, this confirm that the behaviour is the same as the others with issues.
If you just disable the 2nd SIM but leave the 1st seem enabled this would still cause the issue. Also, if you restarted the phone manually the phone 2 days ago, it resets the "up time" counter, so, it is just the usual behaviour of the phone restarting randomly (in your case after 2 days?)
I need a bit more days to test and then will update this thread with all I have done and whether it worked.

Dranivil
Star III
@HelpingHand Actually, in these 2 weeks I have been more than 2 days with the phone on without restarts. At least 1 week has been without a random or manual reset.

frafa
Star III
Hi guys.
The new ZF9 arrived and i've just configured it. Updated to last firmwere and really few app istalled.
I'll let you all know.

P.S.
1st thing I notice, a clearer audio in phonecall (phone on the ear)- the previous had a terrible metallic sound.

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Dranivil

@HelpingHand Actually, in these 2 weeks I have been more than 2 days with the phone on without restarts. At least 1 week has been without a random or manual reset.

View post
Interesting, did you have for the entire week both SIM cards enabled (or at least one of them), along with WIFI and mobile data and used your phone normally with no issues?
What was the frequency of random restarts when you bought the phone and inserted the SIM card for the first time? has it changed for better or worse?