cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

FrancoVera
Star I

That happens to me too.  Every night it restarts when entering sleep mode.  I don't know if it's luck or something related, but I set the phone to High Performance mode and it hasn't happened again. 

Jack81
Star III

Same here, random reboots drastically reduced, did not do much really, but definitely first time in months that I spend days without seeing a single reboot.

sunny1241
Star III

i think its hardware/software related issue but not motherboard related issue, this issue is something to do with charging circuit/fast charging of this phone, i have been using this phone sence november , never had this reboot issue until january, before this reboot happen i was testing charging speed with antutu, i notice that if i turn on the screen during charging the speed of charging droped (its a good thing), but if i didnt disturb it, then it will continiusly do its fast charging, after seeing this kind of behaviour i let this phone un touched while charging, phone charging level is limited to 80%, so i set the timer for 50min (thats it usually took to reach 15 to 80% on steady charge) when i come after 50min to check my phone then i noticed that my phone just restart 20min ago, i do the same test next day, same thing, issue is repeted. from then while put my device on charging i come to check it after 10 to 20min and this reboot never happen again, and is almost 2weeks no reboot at all, even in this discussion some one mention that charging by his car charger no reboot happen, i think this issue is someting related to bms (battery management system) of this phone, which can be triggred by continious fast charge and because safty it just cut the battery and this makes the phone restart, its just my observation, hope its true and can be fixed by changing the charger/charging behavious(implemented on software) of this phone.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey!
Is anybody still experiencing this issue?

No, gone! It is now two weeks since last reboot. I did notice that the battery suffers a bit and still shows those blank bands on the historical performance. It is to me a sign that the phone struggles somehow to deal with the network signal which was likely the cause of the random reboots when the battery was under stress. The fatigue with the network signal is still there, and in fact it is always the number one position in the sources of battery usage, but now the software copes with it.