This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 only charging with fast charging (USB C to USB C))

newbiemelody
Star I

Hello all, recently my phone hasn't been charging with anything other than fast charging (USB C to USB C).

After years of using USB A to USB C chargers (regular charging speed) my ZenFone 9 just loses battery as if it wasn't being charged when plugged in. The phone still says it's being charged when connected with that wire, however the battery doesn't go up (even with no apps running and turning off a bunch of background services). This is especially annoying as I can't charge with a computer or my power bank anymore.

I know there have already been some posts about this issue, but I haven't been able to find a solution from them so I thought I'd try and see if it's fixable. I've already tried cleaning the port, restarting, and tried a bunch of battery charging settings (steady charge on/off, etc). 

My ZenFone is currently running the latest Android 14 update and is not rooted.

Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @newbiemelody,

Do you experience this issue while using a specific charging cable or adapter?
Also, can you please share a log for this issue?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Hi Mansi, this issue happens with any charger that is not USB C to USB C (i.e chargers with a USB A port for output). I've tried several chargers and cables and have the same issue if the output is via USB A. Interestingly, my battery pack has both USB A output and USB C output; doesn't charge using a USB A cable but is fine with C. I noticed this issue started occuring sometime after I recently started using the Asus provided charger (which is USB C output). Not sure if this is coincidental or not.

I'll share the logs with this issue occuring soon.

Thanks for the reply