This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go back to the Zenfone 9

samoa683
Star I

I went from Zenfone 9 to s23. No real complaints. I originally planned on getting the Zenfone 10 but given that it's not much of an upgrade, I wonder if I should go back the Z9. What major updates have there been in the last 6 months OTA wise? Has the camera gotten any better for example? Do people use gcam still? And if so, at what tradeoff?

8 REPLIES 8

landsome
Rising Star II

Camera's essentially the same, with small improvements at best: pictures are still overly bright and oversharpened. If you can live with that, I think it's pretty good, though certainly not S23- (if you can stand the unnaturally punchy colors) or Pixel-good. 

I am ambivalent about Gcams in general, though I have found one that works mostly well on ZF9. In fact, I would say its detail-noise balance is among the best I have seen in many years on any smartphone (because of the fixation on sharpening that all major manufacturers have nowadays, though Asus is rather extreme in my view).   

I have posted some comparisons at the end of the thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/asus-zenfone-9.12653/

Wkwk

🤭🤭🤭🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪😜😜😜😜🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Anonymous
Not applicable

Man don't come back.! No camera improvement at all and the Z9 just have one more Android/Security Update left. Also the last update that we received was almost 2 months ago ( 6/01/23).  If I was you I will wait for the S24 or the Z11. 

Bethonpunx
Rising Star I

No matter what, I would say that please stay with S23!!!!