This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-processing / sharpening UPDATE please see thread

alexwent
Star II

I just purchased  a Zenfone, and I am pleased to see that the post-processing in photos and video is a lot less aggressive than I thought it would be. However, I have noticed that video playback, even on YouTube, shows distinct fringing around printed text, for example, even at very high resolutions. Has anyone else in the forum noticed this?

UPDATE: No longer happening (or at least not with high quality video) -  please see thread below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alexwent
Star II

Update. Thanks for your interest. Actually in the process of collecting screenshots of a video playing back at 2160K, I discovered that the fringing/haloing around text was no longer happening! It must have been the poor quality of the original videos I was watching before - i.e. the effect was part of the original videography.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pitek
Star III

Check this thread with photos, how many people have the same problem:

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/zenfone-9-photo-thread/m-p/169586

alexwent
Star II

Thanks very much for the link. I've read this, but it doesn't really answer my question, which is about sharpened text in playback of Youtube videos 🙂

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @alexwent,
Can you share a screenshot? Also, does it happen only while using YouTube or with other apps too?

alexwent
Star II

Update. Thanks for your interest. Actually in the process of collecting screenshots of a video playing back at 2160K, I discovered that the fringing/haloing around text was no longer happening! It must have been the poor quality of the original videos I was watching before - i.e. the effect was part of the original videography.