This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My two cents on the Zf9

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
After looking at the reviews it seems like a little solid device, what bothers me tho is the fact that its running the gen8.
The Gen7 is the perfect chip, its super efficient, has very good performance and would allow the phone not to overheat and have insane battery life.
It would also lower the price of the phone, starting price for 8GB / 128GB SSD for 799USD is steep.
I'm still concerned about durability, due to how the ZF8 went, but we will see on that one.
17 REPLIES 17

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Our most important Smartphone site titles this after the test
Asus ZenFone 9 test: but who is this smartphone really for?
And the answer is no surprise, no one
Users who prefer compactness do not need this power.
-- Anyway, here in FR, small size = Apple Mini, the latest SE is too big and the mini still gives it strong competition
Too small for a gamer, too small to master the Gen+8 heater
Photo module, aperture 1.9 High noise at Zoom >3
Rest the audio, it's not much, especially counting the +100€

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Our most important Smartphone site titles this after the test

Asus ZenFone 9 test: but who is this smartphone really for?

And the answer is no surprise, no one

Users who prefer compactness do not need this power.

-- Anyway, here in FR, small size = Apple Mini, the latest SE is too big and the mini still gives it strong competition

Too small for a gamer, too small to master the Gen+8 heater

Photo module, aperture 1.9 High noise at Zoom >3

Rest the audio, it's not much, especially counting the +100€

View post
To be fair, ASUS didnt have much time to improve on their new lens yet. Look at the Rog3 for instance, normally people would say IMX 686 sucks bad, but they made the processing ridicolously good.
I think your statement about size is on point, what people want is a small, long lasting phone. Not a powerhouse that heats up and then lasts like half a day. I mean look at the poor batterylife of the Rog6, how is a roughly 2000mah lesser battery supposed to handle that sht.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220877#Comment_220877

To be fair, ASUS didnt have much time to improve on their new lens yet. Look at the Rog3 for instance, normally people would say IMX 686 sucks bad, but they made the processing ridicolously good.

I think your statement about size is on point, what people want is a small, long lasting phone. Not a powerhouse that heats up and then lasts like half a day. I mean look at the poor batterylife of the Rog6, how is a roughly 2000mah lesser battery supposed to handle that sht.

View post
Zenfone 8/8 flip was the final form of IMX686.
On the Zenfone 9, the front cam and the ultra wide were improved but the main lens still need some tuning for a while (A day 0 patch was out also)

ehunt22
Star III
There may be some people who want a small phone without compromising on performance

It's just a shame that the latest SoC produce so much heat that larger bodies and special cooling tech and high battery consumption become an issue