This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died while charging

electrosk
Star II

I left my phone to charge overnight and I woke up to it dead. Took it to a repair center and they said it was the motherboard, warrenty wont cover it. Not a great feeling when you buy a premium device for 470 quid just to have it die on you 1 year and 8 months later.

8 REPLIES 8

ToKrCZ
Star III

Asus is a scam. Stay away and buy Pixel next time.

RadialK
Star I

After watching my Zenfone 8 brick itself lastnight during a Google Play System Update reboot, buying a Pixel is exactly what I did today. I went out of my way to support the smartphone underdog but won't be doing that anymore! Another customer lost!

captainvita
Star II

Last night, my device also stopped working, and I’m quite frustrated about it. It’s disheartening to see numerous online posts describing the same issue. In my opinion, this is undoubtedly Asus’s responsibility, and they should address it, regardless of whether the devices are still under warranty.

Interestingly, I have a five-year-old iPhone that continues to function flawlessly, as well as an ancient Redmi phone that serves as my backup device without any problems. It’s perplexing how these other manufacturers manage to maintain reliable performance, while Asus struggles.

What’s particularly odd is that this issue tends to occur around the two-year mark of device usage. To me, it almost feels like planned obsolescence. Perhaps we should consider joining forces and exploring the possibility of a class action lawsuit against Asus.

nvubu
Rising Star I

If you haven't seen it, add your details into this thread 

To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8 - ASUS - ZenTalk - 405921