cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

meso_erik
Star II
Dear Asus team,
could you comment on:
1) 3G HD / AMR-WB support as mentioned in here several times
2) VoLTE support for Orange Slovakia (on a more selfish note)
The phone ticks almost all the boxes for me...however it fails to deliver the most basic thing...a high quality phone call. I'm really surprised that we are even discussing this in 2021...
Thank you

finbarr30
Star II
Hi ASUS devs
I've written to Telenor Denmark about the issue - their (shortened) reply is as follows:
"Thank you for your inquiry I have just now discussed the case with our mobile-support team, who verified that we have activated the ability to call through WiFi and VoLTE. Therefore, it seems like you will need to activate the function on your new phone ...."
True - using the code #*#*3642623344*#*# - this has also worked previously on the device. However, after a reboot, the '4G Calling' function still needs to be reactivated and I want a permanent activation.
So, can you say whether a solution is with ASUS or Telenor.DK ?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
img-20210714-115041-563.jpg
Zenfone 8 Flip's new ota
8 might get it soon too with either a similar or a bit different changelog

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Hmm, android security patch from may only... There is big fat red ! in security setting because of April's patch. I think Asus need to do more about that.
Also 3G HD / AMR-WB support should be mandatory.

bartolinio
Star II
with these out-of-date security patches is a misunderstanding 🙄
how is it possible that such a gigantic company has such a long delay with their introduction? it's unimaginable