This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ZENFONE 8 DIED WHILE FILMING - NO SIGNS OF LIFE/HOW TO GET ALL THE DATA?

smeskys
Star I
Hi, there,
I have an ASUS ZENFONE 8/256 GB, which is just one year old. When I was filming, it just switched off and won't switch on again - as if it were dead. Neither the reset combo nor the extra power charging helps. The warranty service says they will replace the motherboard, but the data will be lost. I demand to know how to recover the data and how to access the memory and data.
As I was told at the service centre, the data is not lost, it is just that ASUS has to provide information on how to access the data and what are all the possible methods to save and recover the data. Is there some kind of software and other equipment that would allow me to access the data and memory without destroying/replacing the motherboard? Would transplanting the CPU and memory card to another ASUS Zenfone 8 phone save the original data? There were more than 150GB extremely important data (without back-up because on professional reasons).
ASUS, I require all options.
As I see it, this problem of extremely low-quality ASUS products is a global one and ASUS must take responsibility towards its customers, otherwise it will be referred to the EU consumer rights and even more.
The phone was purchased from the official dealer ACC Distribution and used in Lithuania, the Baltic States. 
Has anyone else managed to resolve the same problem? As far as I know, in some other manufacturers' phones (other androids), re-moulding the CPU/ROM/UFS on the donor motherboard saved the situation after even crashing the phone. Anyone?
Thank you.
@CH_ASUS
@ARP_ASUS
@Falcon_ASUS
@Christine_ASUS
@Gustav_ASUS
@fussion_ASUS
@Irene2_ASUS
@Titan_ASUS
@Laura_ASUS
@Kris_ASUS

2 REPLIES 2

Mattias_ASUS
Hello, did you speak to the ASUS Service Center? or to the place where you bought it?
If you did the second option, I would recommend you to contact your closest ASUS Service Center, since they are the ones with the solutions.
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.