This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade from a version to another?

AlexS97
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.174
Rooted or not: Not.
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I have version WW-30.41.69.174 (latest Android 11) now and I would like to downgrade to WW-30.41.69.140 or WW-30.41.69.89 because these were the best versions for performance, it didn't underclock the cpu at all, it stayed at 3.1Ghz even after 1 hour of playing, it was in maximum performance all the time. In the latest versions (from WW-30.41.69.143 and above) in absolutely any game, the processor does not exceed 1Ghz (what's the point to have sd 865+ and have worse performance in games than a sd 845?), so I want to put the older software and keep it until I change the phone in a few years. I don't want to update to Android 12 because it doesn't bring anything new and the interface seems very ugly to me (Quick Settings panel especially).
So how do I downgrade? Do I download that version from asus.com, put it in the internal storage and it downgrade itself, that's all? I know how to downgrade from android 11 to 10, but from android 11 newer version to android 11 older version how to proceed? Will I lose my data?
Screenshot with the cpu frequency in games in all verions from WW-30.41.69.143 to WW-30.41.69.174
bf10ef06-1de5-436a-b04c-3bb4ffd62112.jpg

Thank you in advance!😄

11 REPLIES 11

slimghost
Rising Star I
Well, some may be not so familiar with ADB or how to flash a device (not to mention the bootloader and so on) Asus provides downgrade files and also each every incremental upgrade (update) file. And probably this is the most secured way to do so. Cheers

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.