This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth media control device for playback / rewind / forward does not work on Zenfone 7

Mimixfamily
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Zenfone 7
Firmware Version:31.0210.0210.250
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Android 12
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Recently I've bought the Elecom ECR-01BK, a bluetooth controller for media player. I thought it should act like a regular controller found in wired hand-free with those play/pause, rewind, forward, vol controls. After I pair it with the zenfone 7 successfully as a bluetooth input device, only volume controls works as expected. All other controls totally do not response. I tried it on iPhone 6 and on another samsung android phone they all work. iOS will launch a player. The samsung android phone don't launch an app but when I'm using an app like youtube it will response to all the controls correctly. It seems like the ZenUI has done something on it and the controls are totally disabled.
Please help
2 REPLIES 2

Mimixfamily
Star I
Just updated to firmware 31.0210.0210.277 and the problem is fixed. I can use the device normally. Thanks so much for the quick help!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.