This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Unlock Bootloader

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
Hi, I'm unable to unlock my bootloader from the Asus official app. My internet is absolutely fine but still I'm getting network connection issue [104].

My motherboard was once replaced in warranty due to constant restarting issues. Pls help me in resolving this error. I need to get my bootloader unlocked.

Further details are given below:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2106.156
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device Tool v9.2.0.0_200807
2 REPLIES 2

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader, It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader. It does not necessarily mean that you are rooted, the bootloader can be unlocked without rooting but the processes go side by side. You will not get any benefit if you unlock bootloader and do not root.

lokesh_k0904
Rising Star I
fussion_ASUS

Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader, It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader. It does not necessarily mean that you are rooted, the bootloader can be unlocked without rooting but the processes go side by side. You will not get any benefit if you unlock bootloader and do not root.

View post
We are trying for android 12 custom rom as asus is not providing us not even zenui 8 so we are unlocking bootloader