cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motherboard problem

rags
Star I
Hi,
My phone is barely one year old. Few days back, it shut down by itself and I have been unable to switch it on or charge battery since then. Gave it to the authorised service centre here, they tried replacing the battery which didnt work, so their opinion is that it might be a motherboard problem. If its under one year, will it be covered by warranty? If not, whats the approximate cost Iam looking at?
8 REPLIES 8

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
If it's under 1 year, warranty will cover it.
If motherboard problem or any faulty hardware is there then they will replace free of cost.
If problem is due to physical damage or liquid damage, they will charge.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
rags

Hi,

My phone is barely one year old. Few days back, it shut down by itself and I have been unable to switch it on or charge battery since then. Gave it to the authorised service centre here, they tried replacing the battery which didnt work, so their opinion is that it might be a motherboard problem. If its under one year, will it be covered by warranty? If not, whats the approximate cost Iam looking at?

motherboard problem
@mastervishikh Did a good job summarizing it. But in general, all price and repair estimate related questions are best directed to the repair center. We have no way to know what they will/will not cover in each individual case or what the price will be.

Revanth
Rising Star I
If you are speaking about Asus 6Z then you are in warranty because it's release in India has not even crossed 1 year . How come your phone won't be under warranty?

rags
Star I
Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies. Guess I will talk again with the service center guys because they said it's not covered and it will come to 50-60% of the phones cost!!!