This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi settings through QR code doesn't work when SSID is hidden.

brsinal
Star I
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ASUS_X017DA_14.0400.1905.067
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Wifi settings

I have a hidden wifi network, and generated a QR code to easily connect to it, but when i try to read it, nothing happens. But when I set the network visible, the QR code works. I tried several QR generators, and specified that the network is hidden. I also tried setting the name manually, then put anything as password, and when it fails to connect to the network, I deleted the saved wifi network, then read the QR code while the phone still remembers the network name, and so it worked. It looks that the network can only be saved by QR code when the smatrphone can somehow see the wireless network, and it refuses to save the configuration when the network is hidden. I need that because the network password is a really long and random one. Had to do this because some "good neighbor" keeps cracking the password.
1 REPLY 1

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/7/19 15:20 Hi brsinal, Does this problem appear in the latest firmware version WW-16.0610.1905.79? Could you tell us the hidden WiFi QR generators you have tried that failed? Does it happen with different WiFi routers? Please tell us the brand and model of your WiFi router. Kindly screenshot the WiFi information. (Settings > Network & internet > WiFi > Tap on the connected WiFi) Have you tried connecting to the same WiFi router with different devices? Is the problem the same? Could you tell us the process step by step or show us a short video of the problem? To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. Thanks for your help. 🙂