This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 5z Systen update (security patch)

anirudhsonkambl
Star III
Its been 2 months 24 still asus not released security patch for asus 5z (last patch 5 march) Whats their engineer's doing they can do work from home
even china ended its lockdown 1 month ago
guys be serious with you privacy
no security patchs since 2 months
what asus is doing so many bugs are coming in asus 5z
asus release security patch asap
we dont risk our data
screenshot-20200529-183126628.jpg

53 REPLIES 53

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
anirudhsonkamble001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86110#Comment_86110

Yeupp i got problems 5 times

No service

No charging

Battery drain 3hrs SOT

its not only me that got that problem

I've uploaded video on No service issue on YT

you can go check the cmts How people are frustrated with device even the device is in warranty.

and about updates you know they skipped april update

Im giving my personal opinion and other who have facing problem and non of moderators replied

but 2rs lapdogs Spreading rumours without any Validation kudos 😀😀😀

View post
Just as you are facing problems others having units that are running fine. Dont generalize. No personal shots.

After 70 update there are very less reports of bad battery backup so unless you play pubg all day long with everything maxed out on mobile data with 4g all time then i can agree with 3 hours SOT. Else its battery degradation and you can swap it.

No charging may be hardware issue and it can be easily solved by vising service centre or properly cleaning your usb c port. Watch android authority video on this also other tech channels provide a way to clean the port.

No service is a known issue for some batches and for that you can pinch the sim trey area while inserting sim card with phone turned off.

this device already completed 2 years so dont expect monthly updates. they did not skip the update. From now on 5z shall get bimonthly bug fixes and patches.

Dont be sour an d bitter, Be polite and ask nicely. 🙂

Abhinav
Zen Master I
aamod.v8

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86239#Comment_86239

Just as you are facing problems others having units that are running fine. Dont generalize. No personal shots.

After 70 update there are very less reports of bad battery backup so unless you play pubg all day long with everything maxed out on mobile data with 4g all time then i can agree with 3 hours SOT. Else its battery degradation and you can swap it.

No charging may be hardware issue and it can be easily solved by vising service centre or properly cleaning your usb c port. Watch android authority video on this also other tech channels provide a way to clean the port.

No service is a known issue for some batches and for that you can pinch the sim trey area while inserting sim card with phone turned off.

this device already completed 2 years so dont expect monthly updates. they did not skip the update. From now on 5z shall get bimonthly bug fixes and patches.

Dont be sour an d bitter, Be polite and ask nicely. 🙂

View post
That is why I always prefer 1st batch of phones.
1st batch of phones have very less chance of having problems.

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86244#Comment_86244

That is why I always prefer 1st batch of phones.

1st batch of phones have very less chance of having problems.

View post
Agreed my 5z is almost 2 years old now. Brought in August 2018. Not a single problem yet, no network failure, no random reboots and no camera out of focus. Later batches reported multiple issues.

anirudhsonkambl
Star III
aamod.v8

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86249#Comment_86249

Agreed my 5z is almost 2 years old now. Brought in August 2018. Not a single problem yet, no network failure, no random reboots and no camera out of focus. Later batches reported multiple issues.

View post
i bought it on April 2019 so which batchmy devii belong ?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anirudhsonkamble001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84474#Comment_84474

hey bruu Asus rolled new security patch of may and there not a wifi calling. what is their engineers are doing just 21 mb update and nothing bugs fixed for gamers even they skipped april update "

nothing changed as you said its big update with lots of bug fixes

are you paid worker of asus 😂

Asus is liar and at the end its still liar 😂

View post
Size doesn't have to anything with it, it isn't Huawei or oneplus to push 2gb updates with "updated security patch" in changelog lol
We got may security patch,they have updated the touch panel version and it's more responsive while gaming and typing now,finger print sensor is more snappy now,overall phone and Gestures seem much smoother, plus they tweaked with the audio a bit now it's better both through headphones and speakers plus they solved a lot of minor UI bugs/glitches all in 21mb!
This is pretty good for a 2yr old Flagship and by Asus's own schedule for thier past phones