matheusuzumakil
Star II
ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_Phone-16.0620.1910.19-0
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

The Android Pie Beta has a sound problem, ASUS claimed it was fixed in beta 2 but it's still here. When you answer or make a call (normal call or voip call), the speaker output shifts from 'Stereo' to 'Mono'. There is literally no sound from the ear speaker after this. Whenever a notification comes, there is a loud crackling noise from the ear speaker. The only workaround to this is to restart the phone after every call.
7 REPLIES 7

Netossauro
Star II
We are in June 2020 and no news? I know the latest update is a beta version of android 9, it works quite well, but the whatsapp problem is very frustrating. The audio is not played when I hold the phone close to my ear. The proximity sensor seems not work properly. It is a little tiny detail that annoys a lot. I wish I (or we) could get a positive response from @Y_ASUS =D

matheusuzumakil
Star II
Netossauro

We are in June 2020 and no news? I know the latest update is a beta version of android 9, it works quite well, but the whatsapp problem is very frustrating. The audio is not played when I hold the phone close to my ear. The proximity sensor seems not work properly. It is a little tiny detail that annoys a lot. I wish I (or we) could get a positive response from @Y_ASUS =D

View post
In addition to not being able to hear WhatsApp audio through the ear speaker, when you put an WhatsApp audio to run and put WhatsApp in background most of the time the audio begins to suffer from stuttering/crackling

Netossauro
Star II
matheusuzumakilol

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89303#Comment_89303

In addition to not being able to hear WhatsApp audio through the ear speaker, when you put an WhatsApp audio to run and put WhatsApp in background most of the time the audio begins to suffer from stuttering/crackling

View post
Therefore, we do hope that Asus gives us a response about this! My wife's phone is with this problem and we are not looking for a new device purchase right now.
Thank you in advance @Y_ASUS