cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button with label "See in chat" does nothing in the messages app

ddac
Star I

Screenshot (24 Mar 2024 9_05_18 am).jpg

I want to be able to use the messages app without damages and without painful confusion but basic functionality is not there. For example, there is no simple way to go to the beginning, there is no simple way to export a chat and I can't even press the button labeled "See in chat" for an image or a video. So it becomes impossible to manage the chat history, even though it is a very basic feature. I can only assume it was done on purpose to make it more expensive for the customer e.g. searching for support and pay for a solution to the problem that the company sold to me. 

I thought Samsung and Apple created atrocities with their products so I switched to Asus and the Zenfone causes a lot of damage and extremely painful confusion, but at least it is not as harmful as Apple or Samsung. 

Screenshot (24 Mar 2024 9_04_34 am).jpg

30 REPLIES 30

The defect is not a theory and you are stupid trying to call the defect a theory. Get real. 

Did you even try to solve the problem at all? You are awful and nobody believes that the customer is to blame for any "conspiracy theory". The defect is real and you are just bull**bleep**. 

How much should you blame the customer when the customer found a real defect? you are awful and Asus is awful and you can try blame the customer for telling the truth about terrible products but who will believe you when you blame the customer? Are you even trying to solve the problem I reported, only more like online harassment AND besides the point?

I got redirected three times now after working with the error that you blame me for. Google answered that they have stopped using their brains and that I can try and turn it off and on again. I replied

No it does not work. I worked with this bug for three days now. I can show it clearly. I wrote to Asus, the answered and blamed me and Google for the bug. 

Is it even possible to buy a product that works?

I can show the bug in detail of course, but I don't expect that to solve the problem. 

"Show in chat" works for links, though, but it does not work for images and videos. 

I tried buy one the "best" so-called smart phones but I will give up trying to buy stuff now because you people have stopped using your brain

Note that I cannot even report a bug. I only get bull-s-h-i-t in response. It's not the first time. 

Google Case ID 2-5566000035713

Their response "Did you try turning it off and turn it back on again"

Like blaming the customer again. You people have stopped using your brains. But you really must stop blaming the customer.

ddac
Star I

Starting over for the 5th time

Google Case ID 2-5566000035713

Their response "Did you try turning it off and turn it back on again"

And tell me to start over from the beginning.

Please. Asus ZenFone 10. Real bug. I want to be able to use the messages app without damages and without painful confusion but basic functionality is not there. For example, there is no simple way to go to the beginning, there is no simple way to export a chat and I can't even press the button labeled "See in chat" for an image or a video. So it becomes impossible to manage the chat history, even though it is a very basic feature. 

It works for links though. But please. I bought a "smart" phone supposed to be one of the best.

ddac
Star I

Hey Asus, can you put a bug in your product and then blame the customer who did the work and report the bug and call it a "conspiracy theory"? Will that help your reputation? I have more same stories about Asus. The products don't work and the people who respond are not using any brain