cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button with label "See in chat" does nothing in the messages app

ddac
Star I

Screenshot (24 Mar 2024 9_05_18 am).jpg

I want to be able to use the messages app without damages and without painful confusion but basic functionality is not there. For example, there is no simple way to go to the beginning, there is no simple way to export a chat and I can't even press the button labeled "See in chat" for an image or a video. So it becomes impossible to manage the chat history, even though it is a very basic feature. I can only assume it was done on purpose to make it more expensive for the customer e.g. searching for support and pay for a solution to the problem that the company sold to me. 

I thought Samsung and Apple created atrocities with their products so I switched to Asus and the Zenfone causes a lot of damage and extremely painful confusion, but at least it is not as harmful as Apple or Samsung. 

Screenshot (24 Mar 2024 9_04_34 am).jpg

30 REPLIES 30

The idea to blame the customer and even accuse them of "conspiracy theories"

...will that ever result in working software....ever?

ddac
Star I

Problem is not solved. Instead we see a lot of bullcrap waste comments from bullcrap waste sources. I reported the bug 10 times or more. The reply from the billion-dollar companies only confirm that they are terrorist organizations. Nothing was worked on. 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 6:24 PM
Subject: Your Google Support Inquiry : Case ID [2-5566000035713]

ddac_0-1711699312506.png

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Google Support.

We appreciate your timely response, and we'd like to continue helping you from here.

We acknowledge the importance of addressing bugs reported by our paying customers promptly and efficiently. It is concerning to hear that you have experienced difficulties in reporting the bug and that there has been a lack of support in resolving the issue.

To address the bug and ensure that your concerns are properly addressed, I recommend taking the following steps:

Send feedback

Your participation and feedback will help us make the app better. To submit feedback:

1. Open Google Messages.
  2. At the top right, tap your profile photo or icon > Help & feedback > Send feedback.
  3. Enter your feedback.
  4. Tap Send. Your message, system information, and email address (if you're signed in) will be sent to Google.

We guarantee that we will give careful consideration to your input. Our aim is to make sure that all of the anticipated features are available and that you can use your smartphone without any difficulties.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to help. For additional help on a different topic, you can always contact us through our Google Help Center. We value every comment and suggestion. You can also leave feedback to our support page. This will help us improve our service in the future. Have a great day!

Within 48 hours of our last interaction, you'll receive a short survey via email. We'd love to hear your feedback about our interaction today and your overall experience with Google support. 

Thank you,
Kathryn
The Google Support Team

ddac_1-1711699312518.png

Google Help Center
Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland

Google uses information you provide when contacting support to improve support quality and training, to help address technical issues, and to improve our products and services, subject to our Privacy Policy.  

--

ddac
Star I

The button with label "See in chat" works for links, but it does not work for images or videos. When I press it for a link, it takes me to the chat, but for an image or a video, the button (has a different color there too) does nothing. 

photo_2024-03-29 14.35.18.jpeg

RobLake
Star III

That's a google problem tho

Are you a business lawyer specialized in software licenses? I think you should be careful jumping to the wrong conclusion. If a company bundles software and sells it, the company is usually responsible for the included software no matter who is their supplier.

If you are not a lawyer then you should remove your stupid comment.